General Settings - Page Not Found

19 minutes ago, pRieStaKos said:

Any suggestions ?

did you update via the automatic updater or manually? if from the auto-updater, i'd recommend getting the full download zip and uploading it via ftp (you probably won't need the install folder)... hopefully, that would solve this and your other issues (widgets etc).

1 minute ago, brian! said:

did you update via the automatic updater or manually? if from the auto-updater, i'd recommend getting the full download zip and uploading it via ftp (you probably won't need the install folder)... hopefully, that would solve this and your other issues (widgets etc).

Its was via Automatic Updater. I'll try manually because i see AU broke everything 🙂

you could try running the PHP compatibility (utilities -> system) and see if there are any old PHP incompatible files lurking around... I assume there are no old addons that could be causing this ??

this is the problem with upgrading, in that it can take just one old / missing / corrupt / incompatible file to give WHMCS a breakdown...

if you can't fix it yourself, it might be worth opening a ticket with Support and letting them take a look... often it's easier when you can see everything in front of you, plus they'd probably be able to examine the upgrade logs to see if something didn't occur correctly.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @pRieStaKos,

Issues with Friendly URLs are likely to be .htaccess related.

Are you able to access other areas such as the Announcements page or Knowledgebase in the client area. Can you access the Setup > Notifications page in the admin area?

Please review your .htaccess files thought the folder tree. At the time of writing, the stock one looks like:

### BEGIN - WHMCS managed rules - DO NOT EDIT BETWEEN WHMCS MARKERS ###
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

# RewriteBase is set to "/" so rules do not need updating if the
# installation directory is relocated.  It is imperative that
# there is also a RewriteCond rule later that can effectively get
# the actual value by comparison against the request URI.
#
# If there are _any_ other RewriteBase directives in this file,
# the last entry will take precedence!
RewriteBase /

# Redirect directories to an address with slash
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.+[^/])$  $1/ [R]

# Send all remaining (routable paths) through index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# Determine and use the actual base
RewriteCond $0#%{REQUEST_URI} ([^#]*)#(.*)\1$
RewriteRule ^.*$ %2index.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
### END - WHMCS managed rules - DO NOT EDIT BETWEEN WHMCS MARKERS ###

3 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

I cannot find a proper solution on this. I checked, re-update (autoupdate & softaculous) but i get the same 404 when i save General Settings.

I dread seeing the word "Softaculous" mentioned in regards to installing/updating - the number of questions i've read when users have installed using Softaculous, and then seen errors is too many to mention.

personally, my preference if I were updating to a major release (e.g v7.7) would be to do it manually - so get the zip, upload via FTP and run the install... v7.7 is 10,000+ files now, so plenty of opportunity for something to go wrong during an update.

when the time comes next month to update to v7.7.1, then i'd be more relaxed about using the auto-updater - i'd probably still be inclined to FTP the manual patch, but i've happily used the auto updater on minor updates previously.

as far as i'm concerned, Softaculous shouldn't be used at all... granted, if you can't access the WHMCS downloads and get the zip, then using the auto-updater might be your only option.

3 hours ago, pRieStaKos said:

Should I asked my host ? I check if there is any error in log, but nothing related...

you could try - what harm can it do?

three thoughts...

1. did you try installing manually via the zip - you haven't said whether you did or not ??
  2. have you tried changing the Friendly URL settings - e.g switch to Basic URLs or Friendly index.php ?? yeah, I know you said FFR is working in the client area, but for some bizarre reason, Friendly URLs are now being used in the admin area too - so trying the other FU options will rule out it being a Friendly URLs issue... i've got two links in the admin menu that won't work under Friendly index, so there are issues in the admin area that could be caused by FU - yours may be one.
  3. if you're getting nowhere with this yourself, it might be easier to open a ticket with Support and let them take a look.

1) I could if NameCheap had release 7.7.zip in their knowledgebase. I got a leased license (for now). Softaculous was an option. The other was RC1 from WHMCS and my 7.6.1 backups.

2) tried all the available options. action=save it not related to rewrite. All friendly url options are working as supposed.

3) I’m waiting for host support response. First review says that is ModSecurity issue, but nothing changed.

Just to update for the current issues with WHMCS > General Settings:

I opened a ticket to our host for checking it on server side, after I made many steps trying to resolve this issue.

We are trully sorry for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced with the WHMCS service.

We have a reason to believe that the issue was caused by ModSecurity. ModSecurity is an Apache module which works as a web application firewall. It blocks known exploits and provides protection from a range of attacks against web applications.
We do not recommend disabling ModSecurity completely, due to security reasons.

But sometimes it can be a little too much severe and some legitimate functions are blocked, so in this case, we only disable certain mod_security rules that are triggered by the activity, not all of them.

We have whitelisted the rules.

Please check it on your side and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

After I respond that it's not working (Tested on Chrome  / Firefox twice), I  received the second response today from our host:

Thank you for your update.

It appears that there was another rule triggered. We have whitelisted it as well.

Please check it on your side. If you still get an error on your end, please provide us with the steps how it can be reproduced on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

So the conclusion is the ModSecurity updated/changed its rules and stricked WHMCS functionality. The pleasant is that it has been resolved and I can further use v.7.7 (until the next bug.....😂)

Thank you for your assistance on that, @brian! & @WHMCS John