bulk import client data

7 hours ago, mastura said:

is it possible to bulk import client data in whmcs?

it really depends where you're importing the client data from - if it's from another WHMCS installation or a rival software, you might be able to use the Import Assist addon from WHMCS.

• WHMCS Versions 6.2.x, 6.3.x, 7.0.x, 7.1.x, 7.2.x, 7.3.x, 7.4.x
  • Blesta Versions 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
  • ClientExec Versions 5.3, 5.4, 5.5
  • HostBill 2016 & 2017 Versions

if the data is from a registrar, then importing it might depend on which registrar you're using - e.g if it were a Logicboxes registrar (resell.biz,, resellerclub, NEO etc), you could use ResellerClub Tools v2 to import your customers.. for other registrars, you should check Marketplace to see if there is any import addon available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 12:50 AM, mastura said:

is it possible to bulk import client data in whmcs?
as the option to add new client is entered one by one.

A proper answer really depends on what exactly you want to do. You should try posting more information about what you need. For example:

The data is coming from what? Another software? An excel spreadsheet? Another database?

Also depends on the amount of data. Hundreds of records? Hundreds of thousands?

On 10/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, yggdrasil said:

A proper answer really depends on what exactly you want to do. You should try posting more information about what you need. For example:

The data is coming from what? Another software? An excel spreadsheet? Another database?

Also depends on the amount of data. Hundreds of records? Hundreds of thousands?

ya.. its from WHM server.. my boss wanted to import all the client data and domains from whm to whmcs for keep track and billing.
i was told that if from WHM server, only the domains detail will be imported but not client data and billing information...

so, does that means we can only import domains from whm to whmcs and manually enter client data and billing information?

9 hours ago, mastura said:

i was told that if from WHM server, only the domains detail will be imported but not client data and billing information...

that's true - and the facility is built into WHMCS without the need for an addon.

https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM_Import

The WHM Import Tool can be accessed using the Utilities menu. This will allow you to import all the domains from your existing cPanel/WHM servers. It can save hours of time and is very easy to use.

9 hours ago, mastura said:

so, does that means we can only import domains from whm to whmcs and manually enter client data and billing information?

from the same page...

Entering Client & Billing Data

The information cPanel stores is very limited, for example it doesn't hold the clients name, the amount they pay or their next due date. So importing does require some manual work too but what can be imported (domain, username, server & package) does mean that all the cPanel account management functions are possible from WHMCS, for example Suspend/Unsuspend/Terminate/Upgrades/Downgrades & Password Resets.

Accounts created by the import process have their domains & usernames retrieved automatically from the server, as well as being assigned to the appropriate package and server within WHMCS. But due to no billing details being stored in cpanel, initially all accounts will be set to free and you will then need to go through and update the imported domains with the appropriate pricing, billing cycles, next due dates and client information.

I can remember that being one of the most tedious and boring tasks of using WHMCS when I first installed it. 😴

if you had client and billing data outside of cPanel (e.g in another package), then you might be able to import it using Import Assist or by getting a developer to write an import script for you... otherwise, prepare for one of the most tedious days of your life!

10 hours ago, mastura said:

ya.. its from WHM server.. my boss wanted to import all the client data and domains from whm to whmcs for keep track and billing.

You can always do it directly on the database and even automate it with a script if the volume of records is huge. But depends on how much data we are talking about. If its not that much, I would rather just do it manually and open 50 or 100 tabs in your browser and start to copy and paste things manually.

Edited by yggdrasil

16 hours ago, brian! said:

that's true - and the facility is built into WHMCS without the need for an addon.

https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM_Import

from the same page...

I can remember that being one of the most tedious and boring tasks of using WHMCS when I first installed it. 😴

if you had client and billing data outside of cPanel (e.g in another package), then you might be able to import it using Import Assist or by getting a developer to write an import script for you... otherwise, prepare for one of the most tedious days of your life!

oh..now i undertand..

great explanation...thanksss a lottt!!!

16 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

You can always do it directly on the database and even automate it with a script if the volume of records is huge. But depends on how much data we are talking about. If its not that much, I would rather just do it manually and open 50 or 100 tabs in your browser and start to copy and paste things manually.

its about 300 projects to import...
can u share the script with me?

On 11/13/2018 at 5:06 AM, mastura said:

meaning 300 customer account with domain..

For 300 customers, creating a special script or database importer would be more expensive in terms of coding or time than doing it manually. Just open 50 tabs per browser and copy & paste data. For 300 customers it will take you at most 8 hours, and you will be done already than trying to find an automated way which might or not work and you still have to verify and probably fix some fields.

For 300 customers you'll need 6600 CTRL+C/V and more than 20000 clicks not considering Client Custom Fields, errors, loading times, domains, products/services. We're humans not machines.

81hTgnd037L._SL1500_.jpg.3ed219c219a6dfa3afd2a118557f997e.jpg

It would be a depressing process even with this puppy I use to create macros. Do yourself a favor and create or use a script.

Edited by Kian