general settings save button page not found

I am trying to run a new theme ( thememetro redo) and after i uploaded all the proper files to the correct locations i went to change the theme in admin panel and when i hit the save button i get page not found error. I can not make any changes to the general settings area. Any help would be great.

my first suggestion would be to contact @ThemeMetro for help as they'll be familiar with their own admin templates.

personally, what I would do - though i'm not suggesting that you do this if you're unfamiliar with the database, would be to edit the 'template' value for your admin account in tbladmins and assign it to use 'blend' (the default admin theme that comes with WHMCS)...

3bgrlQi.png

that should at least give you access to the Admin Area / General Settings again and give you time to investigate the cause of the issue.

however, it;s probably safer to contact Thememetro first!  🙂

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

A Page Not Found error on saving in general settings by itself usually means that something in your web server is causing it to return a 404 HTTP response code and is being interpreted by our friendly URLs system as a Page Not Found error. The most common cause of that is a malfunctioning mod_security rule. Please have your system administrator check any Apache error logs for references to the configgeneral.php script and disable any rules that are mentioned in the log entries. That should hopefully resolve this.

If your issue persists, please feel free to contact our support team and we will investigate it further.