Product Bundles

I am having trouble figuring out how to create a bundle in WHMCS

I want to give the customer a free domain name and free hosting on my middle plan if they pay 399 for a custom built website..

For some reason when I go to the order link that WHMCS gives me, it has the customer search for their available domain name like 3 times, and then it charges them for a domain name still at checkout.. I am a total newbie in WHMCS.. maybe someone could give me a few pointers?

I created a completely Free Hosting Plan (separate from the paid hosting plans that show up on the order form, i have it hidden) that is supposed to come with a free domain.. I bundled it with another product (Product Type: Other - Web Design Service) So the customer will get a free hosting account for a year with a free domain name if they buy my Web Design Service..

During checkout it takes me to the first product (Web Design Service).. it shows the price and then I click Continue.. Then it takes me to the page where you search for your domain name.. after searching it still says the price as $20.05 when its supposed to be free because it's supposed to be the free domain name that comes with the Free Hosting Plan I created.. I tried to use the price override and it still didn't work

It also gives me an error "Bundle Requirements Not Met"

Here are some screenshots of what I'm experiencing :)

I'm quite sure that I'm doing something wrong as I'm not familiar with WHMCS at all.. I am going off what the Documentation told me to do, but I'm still unclear because I've never done it before :)

Screenshot_20180924_233205.png

Screenshot_20180924_233147.png

Hi Jessie,

18 hours ago, Jessie Abernathy said:

I created a completely Free Hosting Plan (separate from the paid hosting plans that show up on the order form, i have it hidden) that is supposed to come with a free domain.. I bundled it with another product (Product Type: Other - Web Design Service) So the customer will get a free hosting account for a year with a free domain name if they buy my Web Design Service..

the problem is I don't think you can give away a free domain with a "free" hosting product - as "free" is not one of the billing cycle options that triggers the domain being made free.

18 hours ago, Jessie Abernathy said:

During checkout it takes me to the first product (Web Design Service).. it shows the price and then I click Continue.. Then it takes me to the page where you search for your domain name.. after searching it still says the price as $20.05 when its supposed to be free because it's supposed to be the free domain name that comes with the Free Hosting Plan I created.. I tried to use the price override and it still didn't work

a price override on the domain part of the bundle would slightly work - but would price renewals at 0.00 too - which you may or may not want to do.

ZKukOIr.png

JfMxxyd.png

the other way would be to make the product one-time/recurring at 0.00 and that would trigger the free domain status too.

however, I think the important question for you to ask yourself is what happens to the hosting after the first year? do you want to charge them for hosting and/or domain renewals or are both free indefinitely ? if you're going to charge for hosting renewals, then you may need to use a promotion code along with the bundle to reduce the initial price for the hosting to free, but leave the renewal cost set at $x per cycle.

To answer your question, that is exactly what I want to do..  I want to give it to them free for the first year (both domain and hosting) and then charge them for domain and hosting renewal after the first year (if they have me design their site).. 

For the promo code, what type would I use? I sent a screenshot with the promotion/coupons screen pulled up.. Can you tell me what Values I would put in (type, value, applies to, etc) to configure my promo code correctly?

So I'm assuming with the promo code, I am applying it to one of my paid hosting plans (such as my middle plan for 9.99) which would reduce the initial price to 0.00 for the first year?

What about the domain registration?  is that a separate product in the bundle or is that wrapped in with the hosting plan in the "Free Domain" tab?

I'm so confused lol

Screenshot_20180927_162716.png

I think I have since gotten this figured out... Here is a screenshot of my product bundle.. can you tell me if it looks correct? 

It charges nothing for the domain and hosting (0.00) and only for the Custom Design Website (699.99)..  I'm just curious as to whether or not it will charge them for hosting and domain renewal after the 1 year registration period...

Thanks

Jessie

Screenshot_20180928_134237.png

Can you assist me with this?  When I tested this configuration, I created a promo code to where it set the price to zero for everything (so I could check all the way out), and I registered my domain name (mmd916.com) and everything went through and worked correctly..

This is what it says in my client area (see screen shot)

It says that the first payment for the domain name is $0.00 but the recurring amount is $16.42 per year and next payment is next year .. 

Is that going to happen with my hosting too?  (where it is $0.00 for the first year and $95.88 every year after that?)  or is that going to be free after auto-renew ?

I also included screenshots of my configuration..

Screenshot_20181004_143203.png

Screenshot_20181004_143655.png

Screenshot_20181004_143626.png

Screenshot_20181004_143551.png

Screenshot_20181004_143521.png

Screenshot_20181004_143501.png

Screenshot_20181004_143447.png

Screenshot_20181004_143419.png

Screenshot_20181004_143411.png

Screenshot_20181004_143347.png

Screenshot_20181004_143330.png

Screenshot_20181004_143316.png

Screenshot_20181004_143911.png

Hi Jessie,

16 hours ago, Jessie Abernathy said:

Can you assist me with this?

sorry for the delay in replying to this - i've got a backlog of PMs asking for help to work through.. I did have this thread bookmarked to return to, but then more PMs come in... 😵

basically, if you need to get my attention if i'm not replying to a thread (I will certainly have read it as I read all threads posted here) just bump it with a @brian! reply and i'll get a notification.

It says that the first payment for the domain name is $0.00 but the recurring amount is $16.42 per year and next payment is next year .. 

Is that going to happen with my hosting too?  (where it is $0.00 for the first year and $95.88 every year after that?)  or is that going to be free after auto-renew ?

3b7SlnH.png

it looks fine to me - that recurring totals amount of $112.30, in the order summary box, means that WHMCS is expecting to charge for both domain & hosting renewals annually at that combined amount... so after the first year, no freebies with this setup! 🙂

I also included screenshots of my configuration..

the only thing that I might suggest changing has nothing to do with the bundle setup, but on your WordPress Site Development page, your button link tells the user to enter a promotional code themselves...

HPTtOXa.png

however, you can pass the promotional code in the link automatically and that would remove the need for the user to type it in.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Linking_to_WHMCS

so if you add your promo code to the end of your bundle link...

cart.php?a=add&bid=3&promocode=xxx

just change xxx to your promocode (and add your domain to the URL if you have to), and the promotion code will be passed to the cart and the promotion will be applied automatically (subject to there being the correct qualifying products in the cart). thanks.png