Allow client to upgrade eg. disk space (cPanel)

DennisHermannsen

Hi!

Is it possible to allow a client to purchase addition disk space? I'm not talking about upgrading from one package to another, just upgrade individual values - while the account is still associated with 'Package A' for example.

Case:
Client has Package A with 15GB of disk space. Client has used all disk space and wants to upgrade, but Package A is the one with most disk space allocated. Through a config option he can upgrade with 5GB extra disk space. The cPanel module handles the upgrade automatically on payment.

Edit:

I know of the Configurable Package Addon, but will this addon do it for us? Can it only be used for clients to create their own package, or can we define it so that the biggest packages can be upgraded by disk space and bandwidth?

Edited by DennisMidjord

Hi,

12 hours ago, DennisMidjord said:

I know of the Configurable Package Addon, but will this addon do it for us?

Yes, that's what the addon was used for but you will need root access to the server to use this.

However, I cannot see this in the list of addons currently available.

Will the current  Products/Services > Configurable Options not do this for you?

Edited by Vox

3 minutes ago, DennisMidjord said:

As far as I understand, configurable options are not automatically applied - is this incorrect?

correct - they're just useful to taking payment/ordering details... no provisioning takes place when changing c.o on the product.

4 minutes ago, DennisMidjord said:

We need the upgrade to be taken care of by the system.

then that will require the addon.

Hi brian,

Thanks, that was what I thought.

I've contacted WHMCS about the following review:
" We have been waiting for a fix for MODULE-6550 issue for more than 1 year but nothing happens. This module is useless if you're looking for something that can not only CREATE a custom package but also UPDATE It when a client orders an upgrade which should be a basic functionality. "

Do you have any idea if there's any truth to this? If it can't upgrade accounts, it's useless for us - it's the only thing we want to use it for 🙂

3 minutes ago, DennisMidjord said:

Do you have any idea if there's any truth to this? If it can't upgrade accounts, it's useless for us - it's the only thing we want to use it for

I saw that too - no idea either way... it's certainly true that it hasn't been updated for a couple of years (other than to make the encoding compatible for newer PHP versions)... there's been no new features for a while.

i'd certainly hold off purchasing until a) you get a reply from support and possibly b) you find out if it's included in the 30-day money back guarantee in case it doesn't work as intended (I can never remember if the addons are included in that guarantee).

in my opinion, it should be included in the core functionality, rather than an extra addon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...