Oops! Something went wrong (Again)

With a new install of whmcs 7.5 the warnings report "Your PHP version 7.0.30 is supported by WHMCS." When I change the version to ea-php71/72 in cpanel "MultiPHP Manager" I get the "Oops! Something went wrong" page on load the site.

I have tried to display the error with "Tick to enable Display Errors and hit Save." under General Settings, no errors are displayed, each time I have to revert back to ea-php70.

Thanks

Les

On 7/9/2018 at 12:44 PM, lesmonds said:

With a new install of whmcs 7.5 the warnings report "Your PHP version 7.0.30 is supported by WHMCS." When I change the version to ea-php71/72 in cpanel "MultiPHP Manager" I get the "Oops! Something went wrong" page on load the site.

I have tried to display the error with "Tick to enable Display Errors and hit Save." under General Settings, no errors are displayed, each time I have to revert back to ea-php70.

Thanks

Les

The Tick to enable Display Errors doesn't always return the error on screen. Try placing this code at the end of your configuration.php file. It should give you something on screen.

$display_errors = true;
$display_errors = E_ALL;

Anyway I bet 2$ that it depends on ionCube encoding caused by a Paymet Gateway or Registrar.

Edited by Kian

2 hours ago, Kian said:

The Tick to enable Display Errors doesn't always return the error on screen. Try placing this code at the end of your configuration.php file. It should give you something on screen.

$display_errors = true;
$display_errors = E_ALL;

Anyway I bet 2$ that it depends on ionCube encoding caused by a Paymet Gateway or Registrar.

Added the code to the end of the configuration.php file still no errors showing! 

payment gateways we have are paypal and stripe, register mod is RC & LB Tools v2 free, its supposed to be php 7.1/7.2 compatible. 

PHP Version Compatibility check shows all files are compatible.

if it helps, we have a dedicated server, with Virtualizor, and the latest cpanel running centos 7 on a VPS, 

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Oops errors on your installation when switching to PHP 7.1/7.2. It is indeed odd that the full error isn't displaying when you enable display errors. I'd recommend opening a support ticket so we can investigate and help you resolve this. Thanks!

On 7/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, lesmonds said:

Added the code to the end of the configuration.php file still no errors showing! 

payment gateways we have are paypal and stripe, register mod is RC & LB Tools v2 free, its supposed to be php 7.1/7.2 compatible. 

PHP Version Compatibility check shows all files are compatible.

if it helps, we have a dedicated server, with Virtualizor, and the latest cpanel running centos 7 on a VPS, 

Utilities > System > PHP Info > ionCube version? Is it 10.x?

Edited by Kian

Since errors are not displaying still, I would recommend ensuring the display_errors option is set to On in your php.ini file. If that still doesn't reveal the error, I would recommend opening up a Support Ticket so we can further assist you by looking directly at your installation.

24 minutes ago, WHMCS Marcus said:

Since errors are not displaying still, I would recommend ensuring the display_errors option is set to On in your php.ini file. If that still doesn't reveal the error, I would recommend opening up a Support Ticket so we can further assist you by looking directly at your installation.

Tried that too :( Ticket sent

4 hours ago, ITWolfy said:

Look at the "error_log" file in your WHMCS install folder, it should show at the end of the file why your page is not loading with date and time included. 

I could not find an "error_log" file in the WHMCS install folder!

If you using a Linux base OS the 'error_log' file will be in the '/var/log/httpd/' or '/var/log/apache/' folder.

Also if you are using Apache with SSL you will need to check the ssl_error_log files.

Sorry but I don't know where the would be if you are using IIS.

Also if you have 'root' access to the server can you send the output of 'php -m' and 'php -v' these will show what modules and IonCube version are running at the time. If you could do this for the working version and the broken version we can check that both have all the required modules/extensions.

With the help from support team, it has been fixed, it looks like a number of extensions were missing from the php 7.1/7.2 branch, I have installed them now.

All looking good so far :)

Thanks to all for your input, much appreciated  👍