How can I restrict users with unverified email addresses from accessing client area?

Aqib2001

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Aqib2001 said:

Should i put this in whmcs/includes/hooks

yes.

These ActionHook functions will add some restrictions to unverified accounts.

Mod Type:
Action Hook

This Mod features:
1) Prevent account from placing orders in WHMCS, and display error message guide them to activate first.
2) Change account status to Inactive after x days.
3) Change account status to Closed after x days.

How to Install:
1) Download it from: http://whmcms.com/dl.php?type=d&id=29
2) Open it for editing using, add your configuration between lines #19 and #25
3) Then upload it inside " /includes/hooks/ " directory
Filesize: 2.44 kB

• 1 year later...

@brian! 

I have an issue where this doesnt trigger, trying to disable orders until the email verification is complete,
define("PREVENTUNVERIFIEDORDERS", true);

We have a promotion where users can sign up and receive a free account (using a promo code for 100% discount) for a few days to test the service. Once a new user signs up using the promo code the service is activated automatically and the email is sent. Even after applying this hook the same happens, however when the user tries to place another order the error message is shown,
You may verify your email address first before you can complete this order!

Is there anyway to stop new users who use a promo code for 100% discount from going through with their order until the email address is verified?

On 21/11/2019 at 08:40, samad909 said:

Is there anyway to stop new users who use a promo code for 100% discount from going through with their order until the email address is verified?

i'm not able to reproduce this locally, e.g it's always preventing orders until the email is verified.. whether 100% promo code is used or not.

can you detail the precise steps a user would take on your site, so I can figure out what they're doing that i'm apparently not!