Hi, am trying to update to 7.5 from 7.4.2, I get the below error when i try to update

Unable to Perform Automatic Updates
Your system has ionCube Loader 10.0.2. Please install ionCube Loader 10.1.0 or higher to update to WHMCS Version 7.5.1. Learn More

When i run php - v i get

[root@bba2 ~]# php -v
Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader - it was already loaded
PHP 7.0.29 (cli) (built: Mar 28 2018 07:55:49) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.0.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.

i am running CentOS 6 (64-bit) setup with apache to use WHMCS on,  Any tips on how to update the ioncube loader?

• 4 weeks later...

I got that done but whm only has ioncube available in php7.1. Present version of WHMCS 7.4.2 flakes out when I switch from 5.6 to 7.1. I can no longer access whmcs - it's in a folder and it sends me back to root. 

Do I have to do a manual upgrade? Could I have upgrade issues if I do since this seems just plain odd?

you can run v7.5 using PHP5.6 (I usually do), but I think it needs PHP7+ during installation... it was a real pain to install it, but once installed, it works for me (using 5.6 -> 7.2) - following Chris' advice to get the system admin involved is a good idea, they'll be in a better position to help with the installation.

12 hours ago, WizTech said:

Do I have to do a manual upgrade? Could I have upgrade issues if I do since this seems just plain odd?

there's nothing wrong with updating manually - neither method comes with a 100% guarantee of success. :)

• 1 month later...