How to use Kayako Integration

DeanClinton

Just to clarify something really fast:

Any template group that displays a red circle, you need to revert it to the original version.

This isn't ALWAYS the case, in fact in many cases it's not. For example, kayako will AlWAYS try to get you to 'revert' your header and footer template.

There are a couple of nasty template reverts required in this one however, specifically chat templates.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still receiving the blank pages - will upgrading fix this?

I'm convinced that its an open_basedir problem. What control panel are you using, and is WHMCS on a subdomain?

Can you create a phpinfo file in the root of the WHMCS installation and confirm that open_basedir is indeed off?

The licensing issue is NOT RESOLVED, and updating the the CVS build is NOT RECOMMENDED as it completely breaks the LiveResponse feature if you have it. Great job Kayako.

We are working on it - as I keep saying, this is still in testing - people should not assume just because WHMCS have announced 3.5 that comes with the ability to integrate Kayako products, does not mean the actual bulk of the integration code in Kayako's part is equally stable.

We have never announced otherwise - so please do not upgrade to be able to integrate if you are not interested in testing what is still developmental.

The only thing that has changed now that 3.5 has been released is that testers can not activley test the integration - something which was not widely done before.

Thank you,

Jamie Edwards

We are working on it - as I keep saying, this is still in testing - people should not assume just because WHMCS have announced 3.5 that comes with the ability to integrate Kayako products, does not mean the actual bulk of the integration code in Kayako's part is equally stable.

We have never announced otherwise - so please do not upgrade to be able to integrate if you are not interested in testing what is still developmental.

The only thing that has changed now that 3.5 has been released is that testers can not activley test the integration - something which was not widely done before.

Thank you,

Jamie Edwards

If its still not stable then why did both you and WHMCS announce that the intergration was complete? Sure, I know people were asking where it was and everything but you could at least have waited until it showed a hint of being stable. By announcing it as early as you did you got peoples hopes high by creating the asumption that when WHMCS v3.5 launched people would be able to intergrate with Kayako straight away, but those hopes have been dashed completely as there is nothing stable to show at this moment in time. Also, when announced you nor WHMCS ever said that it was still in the CVS stage.

Darn, beat me to the response.

When you initially said the integration was complete, I was under the impression it would be released in 3.11.02. So I upgraded to the UNSTABLE build and yes I know this was my decision to make and a regrettable one at that, but I feel the announcement for the integration was premature and the fact that this wasn't a CVS build gave me more confidence in upgrading. I had no idea that LiveResponse would STOP WORKING all of a sudden. Quite the bug there. I am submitting it to the bug system for the developers to take a look at.

- John

Darn, beat me to the response.

When you initially said the integration was complete, I was under the impression it would be released in 3.11.02. So I upgraded to the UNSTABLE build and yes I know this was my decision to make and a regrettable one at that, but I feel the announcement for the integration was premature and the fact that this wasn't a CVS build gave me more confidence in upgrading. I had no idea that LiveResponse would STOP WORKING all of a sudden. Quite the bug there. I am submitting it to the bug system for the developers to take a look at.

- John

It goes without being said that this is without doubt quite a big cock up both at WHMCS' end and Kayako's end.

It goes without being said that this is without doubt quite a big cock up both at WHMCS' end and Kayako's end.

Not really on WHMCS end. They have built the functionality into their system but Kayako has yet to produce a stable build that can integrate into the WHMCS system. I don't see this as a problem that Matt should have to deal with.

I do think however that there needs to be a foot note somewhere saying that *as soon as the functionality is built into Kayako and released.

Definitely not a WHMCS problem.

• WHMCS CEO

I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you about this! I had no idea Kayako had not got the changes on their end ready or completed to a sufficient level to be used. I was not told and I was in fact led to believe that we were the ones holding it up by not having our V3.5 that supported the integration hooks out sooner in the email communications we've had.

Matt

Everyone,

We are not looking to play a blame game with anyone. What has happened is simply a misunderstanding of the situation; customers have taken the WHMCS announcement to mean all is ready and OK to go on both sides, whereas customers who also follow Kayako announcements and forums knew that the integration was simply in testing, waiting for testers to be able to download the new WHMCS featuring integration hooks.

If its still not stable then why did both you and WHMCS announce that the intergration was complete?

Where did Kayako announce it as stable? From the Kayako forums, in the WHMCS thread:

WHMCS integration has now been completed.

Note: We are waiting to hear from WHMCS to find out if some updated WHMCS files are available to their customers which are required for integration. Once we receive this confirmation, we will push the integration to our CVS build so that you can test it.

Not really on WHMCS end. They have built the functionality into their system but Kayako has yet to produce a stable build that can integrate into the WHMCS system. I don't see this as a problem that Matt should have to deal with.

I do think however that there needs to be a foot note somewhere saying that *as soon as the functionality is built into Kayako and released.

Definitely not a WHMCS problem.

Whilst not a WHMCS problem per se, I think it would have been sensible to confirm the situation on Kayako's end and writing the announcement to reflect accordingly.

I was not told and I was in fact led to believe that we were the ones holding it up by not having our V3.5 that supported the integration hooks out sooner in the email communications we've had.

The sooner that the hooks were added and available to WHMCS customers, the faster that our tester team (and anyone else who wanted to) could test the integration thoroughly - that was the reason for the urgency, as per the announcement on the Kayako forums.

Shall we all head over to the Kayako forums with all guns blazing? :roll:

I do not think that will solve anything.

Regards,

Jamie Edwards

The sooner that the hooks were added and available to WHMCS customers, the faster that our tester team (and anyone else who wanted to) could test the integration thoroughly - that was the reason for the urgency, as per the announcement on the Kayako forums.

Regards,

Jamie Edwards

Correct, since Kayako has always been slow or non existent when it comes to listening to users complaints.

I remember you saying that the integration was complete and you were just waiting on matt to release 3.5 before we could use it.

We are not looking to play a blame game with anyone.

that's good, because you would flat out lose that game. Kayako is once again holding up the game, ladies and gentlemen. We can expect them to take another 6-12 months to figure stuff out on their end.

it would have been sensible to confirm the situation on Kayako's end and writing the announcement to reflect accordingly.

Of course, you, as a PR guru would love that ability. WHMCS is NOT required to do that, however. From WHMCS' end, the integration is ready to go. From kayako's end? The same thing we've heard for months now "You'll see it whenever we feel like it"

Actually, it would.

If kayako felt the true force of the WHMCS customers needing this integration, they would get off their tail ends and put something together that would actually WORK.

WHO is slowing this train down? Kayako.

Who chose to develop using "hooks", when other methods were available to do so ? Kayako.

Did WHMCS hold a gun to your head and say "use hooks"? No.

Did WHMCS hold a gun to your head and say "you MUST do this a certain way?" No.

So, you CHOSE to change the world and cause issues in a release that you KNEW your clients were expecting. Yeah, that's brilliant practice. Slow down the release some more, make more clients pay

Yes, this is a CVS build, and everyone was warned in this thread about kayako's irreputable force behind CVS builds. Unfortunately, kayako has chosen to put this into a CVS build. We may see it working (stably) by the first of the year, but if you put your bets on that, I got a bridge in Nevada I'll sell ya ;)

That said, I haven't (personally) seen any major isssues with the build, but that's not that others won't. OBVIOUSLY kayako dropped the ball here, quite badly.

To those getting problems, it might be good if you let people know what versions of what you're running (apache/php/mysql, etc). Of course, the problem is with KAYAKO, so you should post those problems there, and be repetitive about it. Get the mass of communities behind you, because I guarantee that's the only way anyone will listen, or pay attention over there.

Kayako is much like a sleeping giant. They are happy and content to roll along and sleep and sleep forever, ignoring the problems of their clients, and requests of them, blissfully, until enough force gets applied that they HAVE to do something about it. Get over there if you want support. Don't come here for kayako support, go where you SHOULD be complaining , over -> there

Now, so far, I've tested this on , and it works welll enough with

php5.2.x / mysql5/apache2.x / cpanel. I've installed this twice in the past couple of days, no critical issues, aside from the initial template mess.

Taken from the thread: http://forums.kayako.com/showthread.php?t=14039&highlight=whmcs&page=3

WHMCS integration has now been completed.

Note: We are waiting to hear from WHMCS to find out if some updated WHMCS files are available to their customers which are required for integration. Once we receive this confirmation, we will push the integration to our CVS build so that you can test it.

Update: I have heard from Matt at WHMCS - unfortunately, he informs me that the WHMCS files required for this integration to work will not be released until v3.5 of WHMCS is out. Hopefully this will not be too long away.

I am sorry if this misled you, bit I did think it was clear enough at the time. We are yet to release our stable build; if you do not wish to test this integration, then please wait for our announcement.

Jamie,

Tell us where you posted you wanted us to be beta testers. I recall you said the integration was COMPLETE as well. NOT in beta, NOT for testing, but complete. If it was mentioned previously, I sure would have taken different steps than to push it live.

Why do we always have to be the unwilling beta testers.. I'm gonna loose my mind before this is over. I'm still waiting on the domain miss-match license error to be corrected, but yet, I've been told I would need to purchase another license to it has already been corrected in the forums and live chat. I guess it takes a few public complaints before any at Kayako actually looks into the issues we tell you about.

rant over - time for bed.. I'm to grouchy

Nice edit

Jamie,

Tell us where you posted you wanted us to be beta testers. I recall you said the integration was COMPLETE as well. NOT in beta, NOT for testing, but complete. If it was mentioned previously, I sure would have taken different steps than to push it live.

Actually, this was mentioned in their WHMCS thread

I guess it takes a few public complaints before any at Kayako actually looks into the issues we tell you about.

More than a few, but you get the idea. The more people that go over there and get things stirred up, the more stable the release is, the quicker it's put out.

We're closing this for now, since this is not Kayako's forum, and not the place to rail against them for whatever reason (again). This is not a platform to organize a tirade against them, or to get the help you need for them to finish testing and release a fully working version.

Misunderstandings happen. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

</thread>