search function 500 error in admin

since moving to 7.5 we have found the search function isnt running and we are getting a 500 not found error in console log, but nothing in apache logs to suggest a 500 error

the search function just sits there spinning around

anyone else seeing this?

have full debugging and error reporting on and nothings being logged out of the ordinary

14 minutes ago, xyzulu said:

It works just fine for me.. tried a fresh test install of 7.5.0 to confirm?

I have a second install that was upgraded thats fine... Appears the issue on this install is much deeper so will have to wait for support to check it out

I have the same issue and it's showing with every box that uses auto complete, like the top right search box & when moving a service it doesn't display the list of account holders in the drop down menu.

Google console shows a 500 error, but nothing in the logs. Deleted and re-uploaded the whole admin area but it's still happening.

• 2 months later...

Hi @WHMCS ChrisD

I have same problem as @
theozsnowman, after migration from 5.3.14 to 7.5 when I'm trying to find some domain, product or services I'm getting 500 error in Chrome Network tab, but there is nothing in error log related to this issue.

My PHP version is 7.2.6. If you need I can send you ink to phpinfo().

Can you, please, suggest me some solution about my problem?

Thanks in advance,
Vasil

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @vasil_uhmk,

500 Internal Server Errors would typically be logged to your WebServer log.

Please try enabling the display _errors option in your configuration.php file: http://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/678796-troubleshooting-warning-messages#disabling_display_errors_in_configuration_php

This may yield further error details on-screen or in your browser's network analyser tool (in the Response section).