Namecheap users.getPricing API response

krokos

Hello all,

Not sure if this has already been solved or even discussed but a search showed up nothing. If this is not the proper community for this post, feel free to move it. 

Everyone knows that being a domain reseller can be too much work for not much gain. It takes a lot of time monitoring the prices of your favourite registrar and adjusting yours. And there are so many TLDs nowadays which makes things even harder.

Wouldn't it be great if there was an API response to pull (let's say daily) the prices from your registrar, add your markup and adjust your WHMCS pricing accordingly? Is there something that does that and I have missed it or is it too difficult?

I saw this in Namecheap website but I am not too much of a developer to even start thinking of touching it: https://www.namecheap.com/support/api/methods/users/get-pricing.aspx

What do you think?

On 3/21/2018 at 23:48, krokos said:

Wouldn't it be great if there was an API response to pull (let's say daily) the prices from your registrar, add your markup and adjust your WHMCS pricing accordingly? Is there something that does that and I have missed it or is it too difficult?

I saw this in Namecheap website but I am not too much of a developer to even start thinking of touching it: https://www.namecheap.com/support/api/methods/users/get-pricing.aspx

What do you think?

it's possible to do it for other registrars, e.g you can import pricing using the ResellerClub Tools addon for Logicboxes registrars (e.g Resell.biz, NEO, Resellerclub etc) and there's one for eNom too... so it's possible if there is sufficient demand for such an addon that a developer may write one in the future... I doubt it would be free though... and I doubt even more that WHMCS would do it, because each registrar API will be different and some might not even support the function.