"priority support" in WHMCS's ticket system

Remitur

When you raise a ticket to WHMCS.com (which obviously uses WHMCS and his ticket system to manage itself... :D ) you have also this option:

screenshot-www.whmcs.com-2018-01-18-17-13-23-355.png.fdfe8f0d1c63cbcba1512bfefb721f0a.png

It's a great feature, and I guess that, using it, WHMCS has still the code ready and well tested... why don't you active it in next WHMCS release? 

On 1/18/2018 at 10:17 AM, Remitur said:

It's a great feature, and I guess that, using it, WHMCS has still the code ready and well tested... why don't you active it in next WHMCS release? 

Because.... WHMCS

No, really, that's about the only reason to not activate this. That's not a dig @ WHMCS by any means. It's simply how it's done there
WHMCS does use their own helpdesk (duh), but they have quite a few hooks, display differences, and the like that they'll never, ever make public. Their backend is customized for WHMCS usage only.

I totally agree, this is something that should be done, and can be achieved through hooks. It's just a bit tricky to get it there.

Edited by twhiting9275

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Remitur,

I'm pleased to hear you like this feature of our helpdesk!

As others have mentioned, this is a customisation we have added ourselves. The reason this is not currently a standard feature of the software is that the current implementation does not have a UI to handle setting configuration; changes are made directly to the code. So additional work would be required before this could be a feature ready for public consumption.

If a feature request for this indicated demand from our users, then we could potentially look at fleshing-out our internal code into something suitable for public consumption.

I hope that information is useful to you!