PHP Version Warning

aquiss

We are using WHMCS 7.4.1 and PHP 7.0.26

Today a warning has appeared that our PHP version is end of life

Ok, upgrading PHP is not an issue, but I thought WHMCS did not support PHP 7.1.* yet ?

If i'm correct, this warning from within WHMCS is a chicken or egg situation.

2 hours ago, aquiss said:

We are using WHMCS 7.4.1 and PHP 7.0.26

Today a warning has appeared that our PHP version is end of life

Ok, upgrading PHP is not an issue, but I thought WHMCS did not support PHP 7.1.* yet ?

If i'm correct, this warning from within WHMCS is a chicken or egg situation.

I just noticed this on ours as well - went ahead and tried w/PHP 7.1 and can confirm it still doesn't work.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

At present, WHMCS does not currently support PHP 7.1.

For a more detailed explanation as to why and to view the updates from our development team on this, please see: 

Alex would it not be worth removing this warning from within WHMCS software until such time as upgrades can be made?

I fear you are going to get a large increase in support tickets from customers who are not in the know (like myself) unless this warning is suppressed in some way.

6 hours ago, aquiss said:

Alex would it not be worth removing this warning from within WHMCS software until such time as upgrades can be made?

that's not a bad suggestion - it certainly needs to say that WHMCS doesn't support PHP7.1+ yet and not to upgrade the PHP version until WHMCS says to do so (and any addons too).

Your PHP version 7.0.26 is supported by WHMCS.

The PHP 7.0 branch no longer receives regular bug fixes and will only receive critical security updates until it reaches its end of life. We recommend updating to a supported PHP version. Please see http://php.net/supported-versions.php for more information.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

It's great that you are on top of PHP life-cycles and keeping up-to-date with current developments. In our interactions with customers we recognised that it was beneficial to highlight users who might be running particular outdated configurations. The intention of this warnings in the System Health Status page is to prompt these users  to investigate and contact their upstream providers.

The information in such messages are based upon published lifecycles and do not necessarily also reflect compatibility of the WHMCS software. However I certainly appreciate how the wording used could be made clearer in future for this particular situation.

Thanks for your feedback!