Multiple invoicing questions

doublet

Hi, I have some doubts about invoicing:

1.- How to prevent to create CERO invoices ? 

2.- How to prevent to create invoice after client adding funds ? (invoices are created when customer funds pai next renewals)

3.- How to avoid to create more than one "unpaid" invoices on renewal ? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, doublet said:

1.- How to prevent to create CERO invoices ? 

Is the product set to Free or Recurring on $0 if its the later it will cause an invoice to be generated

2.- How to prevent to create invoice after client adding funds ? (invoices are created when customer funds pai next renewals)

The Credit system requires an invoice to be generated in order to add funds to the clients account, it is not possible to disable this.

3.- How to avoid to create more than one "unpaid" invoices on renewal ? 

Do you mean multiple months of unpaid renewal invoices?

1 hour ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Is the product set to Free or Recurring on $0 if its the later it will cause an invoice to be generated

Got it .....it was 0 instead of free. 

This way I'm billing twice some quantity. if one client send $10 of fund, then system generates a $10 invoice. Then on next product renewal ($10) system generates a new invoice. Total amount billed $20. But client paid $10. And my accountant asks me to fix this issue. How to make it correctly ? 

Do you mean multiple months of unpaid renewal invoices?

Yes ! 

On 01/12/2017 at 4:57 AM, doublet said:

Got it .....it was 0 instead of free. 

This way I'm billing twice some quantity. if one client send $10 of fund, then system generates a $10 invoice. Then on next product renewal ($10) system generates a new invoice. Total amount billed $20. But client paid $10. And my accountant asks me to fix this issue. How to make it correctly ? 

Yes ! 

Do you have Continous Invoice Generation Enabled?

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2017 at 8:43 PM, WHMCS ChrisD said:

This should create the invoices each month paid or unpaid, could you provide more details on the exact thing you are experiencing to help me identify a solution?

Tell me, what else do you need ? 

I don't know what to explain .... the issue is that, when I get payment from one proforma invoice, then I do create real invoice, and new invoice gets the next invoice number, but gets that original date of the proforma invoice. 

This causes that correlative invoices are not in time ordering, and this is not good for accounting. 

6 hours ago, doublet said:

I don't know what to explain .... the issue is that, when I get payment from one proforma invoice, then I do create real invoice, and new invoice gets the next invoice number, but gets that original date of the proforma invoice. 

There's a module which fix this issue (and many others):  https://katamaze.com/whmcs/product/Billing-Extension

But, even if I'm using it,  I don't know if suggest it to you... 

Assistance is missing, in the module there's a number of unfixed bugs, and I'm evaluating to find some other solutions...

Which could be a hook, based on  InvoicePaidPreEmail ( https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks-reference/invoices-and-quotes/#invoicepaidpreemail ) which:

• change the date
  • chenge the number of proforma with the right invoice number

On 12/1/2017 at 09:47, WHMCS ChrisD said:

The Credit system requires an invoice to be generated in order to add funds to the clients account, it is not possible to disable this.

though, courtesy of @sentq, you can use an action hook to at least prevent WHMCS from sending those add funds invoice emails to the client.

On 6/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, brian! said:

though, courtesy of @sentq, you can use an action hook to at least prevent WHMCS from sending those add funds invoice emails to the client.

Created, since I almost don't use to get "add funds" from my users, I'll keep an eye about this. 

Another question: How to avoid to create invoice from proforma invoice using old proforma date ? I mean, when user pay and we create invoice, this invoice must use current date, not proforma invoice data ! 

7 hours ago, doublet said:

Link doesn't work ! :(

he's removed Billing Extension (which was getting poor reviews for the last year) and all his other products from Marketplace too - though has seemingly updated his website.

With this release we are going to temporarily suspend the development of the module. We are planning a refactor of Billing Extension from scratch.