Stripe and templates

Hello, can someone tell me if the built in Stripe module now works with all WHMCS provided order templates, or does it still only work with "standard cart"?

I've been holding back on updating because we don't want to use that order template.

Has anyone got Stripe working with custom templates?

or...

Has anyone managed to disable the WHMCS stripe module in favour of the existing one after upgrading?

2 hours ago, Chris74 said:

Hello, can someone tell me if the built in Stripe module now works with all WHMCS provided order templates, or does it still only work with "standard cart"?

only standard_cart, and I guess by implication, the newer sliders and comparison orderform templates (as they'll use SC by the time you get to checkout).

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/have-both-modern-and-boxes-order-forms-support-stripe

from @WHMCS John two months ago...

At present our policy is to implement new features on the Standard Cart order form template (and its children), therefore new functionality such as Stripe is not added the legacy order form templates such as Modern or Boxes.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Standard_Order_Form_Templates#Depreciated_Order_Form_Templates

The following shopping carts (Boxes & Modern) no longer receive updates and may not be compatible with the latest features. They are provided for legacy users only.

which is a polite way of saying that while they're still being shipped with new versions, they're not being updated... so if they still work, fine... if not, WHMCS are not necessarily going to fix it... in development terms, they're dead.

3 hours ago, Chris74 said:

I've been holding back on updating because we don't want to use that order template.

Has anyone got Stripe working with custom templates?

I can't recall seeing a thread stating that they have... that possibility may depend on whether the Stripe module is internally coded to only work on SC... I don't know if that's the case, or whether it just needs a specific file(s) that are designated in the SC code, but missing from the others... :?:

Thanks Brian. We are using "premium Comparison" which isn't "standard cart" as far as I know. The documentation now says..  " Warning: The Stripe gateway module is not compatible with the Modern or Boxes order form templates. " so I must assume that it will work with this template. I have previously been of the understanding that it would only work if you specifically chose "Standard Cart" as the order form template, which may have been a misunderstanding on my part.

Hi Chris,

1 hour ago, Chris74 said:

We are using "premium Comparison" which isn't "standard cart" as far as I know.

it is and it isn't. :)

1 hour ago, Chris74 said:

I have previously been of the understanding that it would only work if you specifically chose "Standard Cart" as the order form template, which may have been a misunderstanding on my part.

or perhaps on mine...

let me explain what i'm thinking - these more recent templates (Premium/Pure/Supreme Comparison and Cloud/Universal Slider) basically just contain the opening page (products.tpl) - after that for configuring domains, products, viewcart, checkout etc, they all fall back to using Standard_Cart... as far as Stripe is concerned, logically (not that you should ever rely on that with WHMCS!), I think the only page that matters is checkout.tpl as that's the one that will link to the payment gateway... I don't see why the gateway would care what template was being used before getting to the checkout stage. :?:

now if you set a product group to use Pure Comparison (or any of the others above), or set it as a default orderform template, by the time you get to checkout it will be using Standard_cart (i've just double checked this to make sure) - so in my eyes, Stripe should work.

the issue is that the documentation only tells you what it's incompatible with, namely the two old templates Boxes & Modern - and we know it works with SC... so it's a case of whether it needs to be SC at all stages, or only at the checkout stage... it would be quite a bizarre decision of WHMCS if it doesn't work for the above templates too.

I can recall the thread below, but it never got a conclusion...

but Feb 2017 was just after Stripe was introduced and I can remember it being a little buggy going by the complaints on here...

i'd perhaps hold on and wait for one of the WHMCS guys/gals to confirm this either way. :idea:

• 4 weeks later...