Australian Domain Names - TPP

EZi

Hi All,

Is there anyone in Australia that runs the WHMCS / TPP combo to register domains.

The standard process is so convoluted and complex for end users that we are about to give up and move on...

Any examples of simplified processes (like Net Registry, the retail arm of TPP).

Thanks in advance.

Rene

I compare Net Registry's domain process (retail arm of TPP) with our process and there is no comparison.

We show convoluted questions, labels that do not mean anything and no conditional logic to simplify the process of registering a .au domain name.

We have a 90% failure rate where we need to manually intervene...

1. I would like the mandated fields grouped together.
    Ie, the fields that are required in one block.

2. I would also want to add some conditional logic
    Ie, hide the non-compulsory fields as the default but show them when the "Eligibility Type" = "Trademark" or "Pending TM Owner" or "Trademark Owner".

3. Add a simple note on the registration detail page.
    Ie, an explanatory note in a specific place.

13 hours ago, EZi said:

I would like the mandated fields grouped together.
Ie, the fields that are required in one block.

aren't they more or less in that order anyway?

you can modify these fields by reading the documentation below - and changing their order in that file (don't edit the original file though), will change the order shown when ordering...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Additional_Domain_Fields

13 hours ago, EZi said:

I would also want to add some conditional logic
Ie, hide the non-compulsory fields as the default but show them when the "Eligibility Type" = "Trademark" or "Pending TM Owner" or "Trademark Owner".

that can't be done from the settings (though it's been a requested feature for years), so you're looking at template modification/hooks and using jQuery.

that solution wouldn't be basic to explain if you were only selling .au domains, but if you were offering other TLDs that used additional domain fields too, the coding could get involved... this is one of those situations were it would be simpler if WHMCS had some internal method of doing it, but it doesn't look like that's going to appear in v7.4, so you're likely looking at v8 at the earliest, and I would imagine that's probably at least 6+ months away at the earliest.

15 hours ago, EZi said:

Add a simple note on the registration detail page.
Ie, an explanatory note in a specific place.

two options with this - either edit the configureproducts.tpl and add your explanatory note in your specific location (perhaps using Language Overrides if you need to do this in multiple languages)...

e.g if it were inside the {foreach $domains as $num => $domain} loop, you could do this to check that it was a .com.au domain (which you could expand to display notes for other TLDs)...

{if $domain.domain|strstr:'.com.au'}
 some explanatory note for .com.au
{/if}

the other way would be to use a dummy domain additional field...

$additionaldomainfields[".com.au"][] = array("Name" => "Intro","Description" => "Some intro text...",);

FlSVgx1.png

with a template modification, you could tweak the output of the array so that these explanatory notes don't need a visible name , e.g "Intro" etc - it would have to be a template issue and not a hook, because that colon after the fieldname is added in the template, so only editing the template would remove it.

personally, i'd probably go the editing the template route as it will give you much more control with regards to output - but i've no idea where your specific location is, so ADF might be a valid option for you.