Broken custom seo trick after 7.2

Hi guys, before 7.2 i was able to have my second language (spanish) KB articles organized with an "/espanol" word in the url's, now as the url construction was replaced with the "routepath" function im not able to do this, any idea how to fix/do this?

Previously i had the following in the, for example, knowledgebase.tpl

<a href="{if $seofriendlyurls}{$WEB_ROOT}/knowledgebase/{if $LANG.locale eq 'es_ES'}espanol/{/if}{$kbcat.id}/{$kbcat.urlfriendlyname}{else}knowledgebase.php?action=displaycat&catid={$kbcat.id}{/if}">

but now with

<a href="{routePath('knowledgebase-category-view', {$kbcat.id}, {$kbcat.urlfriendlyname})}">

i dont know where to put that IF statement.

Thanx n advance!

you might have to do it before and if spanish, assign a new variable in Smarty to add /espanol/ to {$kbcat.id} and use that in routePath in place of {$kbcat.id}.

although what i'd try first would be to hardcode a string to replace $kbcat.id in routePath, to see if the idea would work or whether WHMCS ignores it... if it works, then you can fix it in Smarty/hook... if it doesn't, then it might need a htaccess tweak or perhaps not worth the effort. :)