Customer dropdowns are all blank

After upgrading to v7.1 we find that all the client dropdowns in the back end are empty. So if you try to add a ticket, a quote or an order, you cannot select a client. See screenshot example. But if we go to the Clients area, they are all showing fine and active. Everything else seems to be working OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.whmcs_no_clients.png

my first thought would be that if the site is working well elsewhere, to re-upload the 'vendor' and 'includes' folders again - the bulk of WHMCS functionality is contained within those folders and it's entirely possible that there is a file missing or corrupt.

hopefully that will resolve the issue. :idea:

Happy Friday to you, Brian!

Thanks for responding. Re-uploading the "vendor" and "includes" folders was worth a try, but did not resolve it I'm afraid.

This happened when we upgraded to v7.1.2 (from v6). I've got a ticket logged with WHMCS but if you have any other thoughts they'd be welcome. At present we cannot add any invoices, orders or tickets so it's pretty grim.

Best regards, JK

I suppose it's possible that there's an old v6 addon/hook still floating around that isn't compatible with v7... though i'd have hoped you had tested for that before upgrading!

mysql strict mode could be another option, but perhaps less likely.

one risk-free thing to try would be to clear the template and/or browser cache... it will at least give you something to do while waiting for support to get back to you. :)

utilities -> system -> system cleanup -> empty template cache

if support are already looking into it, then they'll be able to access your setup and see what's going on - if they figure it out, perhaps come back to the thread and update it with their answer.