php 7.0 whmcs 7.1.2 order form issues

I am having issues with my orderform on php 7.0.

client goes to order and choose use their own domain, and then the software just sits there spinning it's wheels going nowhere and not moving forward in the order process

anyone else having this issue?

and how do I fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems. WHMCS 7.1.2 | PHP 7.0.17

When I post a domain search on the client front end the spinner never seems to complete.

I tried configuring the Lookup provider in Domain Pricing and get an error mesasge

An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again.

When viewing the domain registrars I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: The file {...}/includes/whoisfunctions.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems. WHMCS 7.1.2 | PHP 7.0.17

When I post a domain search on the client front end the spinner never seems to complete.

I tried configuring the Lookup provider in Domain Pricing and get an error mesasge

An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again.

When viewing the domain registrars I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: The file {...}/includes/whoisfunctions.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

Same issue was happened with me and this will be not a single error, You can see similar error in various area so better option is completely remove old version files and install fresh version.

Means, Remove files and then use same SQL database. No any affect on database.

Simply install WHMCS in new folder, Change WHMCS Database details to your current whmcs database details and then rename fresh whmcs installed folder to old folder name.

Don't forget to take backup of everything.

Believe me, I was lost various new orders due to similar errors. You can't find every errors so fresh installation will be much better. Client was got error on order page, etc so I installed a fresh WHMCS and only change Database details in configuration file.