Upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1 and now only get blue screen for login

I did the upgrade and it seemed to work and said "Upgrade successful"... I used it for a minute or two, no problem. I closed the browser window and then was alerted by another person that when they go to WHMCS admin login, all they get is a blue screen... I opened up my browser, tried to go back and sure enough.... Just got a blue screen and can no longer get into the admin area at all.

The customer side seems to be working fine, just can't get anything in the admin area. Now we do use a custom admin directory, which is in the configuration.php file properly and it worked just fine in the previous updates through the new built in update. So not sure what went wrong with this update.

Any ideas?

Hello garybarr,

I am having the same issue. I have even tried a clean install and seem to get the same results. When I inspect the page with Safari I get a message that says a 500 error occurred, but I am not finding any report of one in the logs for my server. Has anyone solved this yet?

Are you using a custom admin theme? Just a guess but if your customisations aren't compatible with the changes I'd expect it to error.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet your issue is to do with a custom admin theme as well. To at least login, rename the blend admin theme folder to the same name as your custom one.

I hope it helps.