Administrator permissions for module

sherwin_flight

Hello,

I have built a module for WHMCS, and after much work I have it working exactly as I want, with ONE minor exception.

Under Setup > Addon Modules you can configure the permissions for each of the modules.

Based on these permissions you can limit which administrator groups can access the module page. WHMCS takes care of this just fine.

However, I also need this same functionality in my hooks.php file for my module. Basically, if an administrator does NOT have permissions to access the module page, I don't want the hooks to run either.

How can I go about figuring out if the currently logged-in administrator has module permissions from my hooks file?

you need to query database table "tbladdonmodules" to get the allowed admin groups that you configured in Setup -> Addon Modules page

select `value` from tbladdonmodules where `setting` = 'access' and `module` = '{Your-Module-Name-Here}'; 

this will give you list of allowed admin role IDs separated by comma, you will have to parse it and compare logged in admin role ID with it:

select `roleid` from tbladmins where `id` = '$_SESSION['adminid']'