Temporary Path version 7

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried every combination possible to configure the path. Update Channel and Maintenance Message configured easily but it will not save the Temporary Path. In desperation I completed a manual update to 7.0.2 hoping it would be fixed, but, alas, no success.

Has anyone found a solution other than those mentioned above?

Solved for me!!!

I use a Mac and am using Safari as a browser. I thought there could be an issue with Safari as I see there or other problems lately with that browser. So ... I tried Chrome. Same same. Could not update the Path nor set the Update Channel. Then I thought wonder if it is a Macintosh Issue. Tried the settings change on my windows machine.

VIOLA!! I logged in with Chrome on my windows machine and the WHMCS Update looked different. Then clicked "Configure Update Settings" and was able to save the settings!!!

Changing the settings works for me in a Windows Chrome browser but not a Mac Safari, not a Mac Chrome browser.

Just a followup.

I was able to update to 7.0.2 from an Alternate Browser (Brave for Mac).

After I used my Windows Machine "Chrome" to set the Temp path and choose a Channel (see my previous post) I backed up everything and proceeded to use my Mac OS Safari to update. The update screen was way out of line. Sorry I don't have a ScreenCapture. It looked like the first screen in the update process then the next blow that then the next and so - on all on one screen. Something is wrong with the CSS definitely.

I went my Brave browser and got what I expect is a normal update process and updated to 7.0.2.

Just for a further FYI I have attached the two UpdateScreens I currently have. Safari has no pretty layout. Brave does.

Safari-Screen.png

Brave-screen.png

Hi guys,

You'll need a custom folder which you must create, usually under the web user (like the templates_c directory) and you'll need make sure the directory is writable and they specify the full path.

In essence make sure that the same user that owns templates_c owns your "whmcsupdate" directory and you are specifying the full path in the upgrader settings.

If you are still having issues and you have posted above please PM me

I already tried this: /home/marbs3958/public_html/clients/whmcsupdates/

I still get the error: The path you entered does not appear to be a valid directory. Please check it and try again.

Yes, the path is valid.

• 3 weeks later...

I got around this by adding the record manually.

INSERT INTO `xxx_whmcs`.`tblconfiguration` (`setting`, `value`, `created_at`, `updated_at`) VALUES ('UpdateTempPath', '/home/xxx/update_whmcs/', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00');

The post is still forbidden.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not able to set the temporary path either.

WHMCS 7.1.0

I have tried all different absolute paths, trailing slash, no trailiing slash. Etc. All I get is a spinning beachball once I click submit and then nothing.

Last thing I tried was /home/my_user/tmp/whmcs_tmp

I have tried using Chrome, Safari, Firefox on a Mac.

I can't PM WHMCS ChrisD since the forum software won't allow me.

Stuck and need help.

• 3 weeks later...