9. Ioncube Loader 5.0.0 or later for update to WHMCS V7

The required for WHMCS 7 is Ioncube Loader 5.0.0 or later

on Cpanel it only offers

ea-php56-php-ioncube5 - 5.1.1-5.5.32.cpanel

Experimental v5 Loader for ionCube-encoded PHP files

Nothing for php 7 and the php 5.6 Ioncube is experimental

I plan on upgrading my WHMCS account to php 7 where do I go from here?

Have you given it a test? The ioncube loaders for cPanel do support php7 from what I have seen.

Where did you install Ioncube for php 7 in cpanel from?

I do not see support for php 7 and ioncube in cpanel yet please advice

Hi Everyone,

In regards to the WHMCS System Requirements for V7 there are new PHP & ionCube requirements, these vary depending on if you are running php 5.6 or php 7 I have listed them below for you

- WHMCS v7 minimum system requirements are PHP 5.6 and stable IonCube Loader 5.0.21 or later.

- WHMCS v7 also supports PHP 7 - in order to ensure complete compatibility, please install the latest Ioncube loader 6.0.2 or later.

Hi Everyone,

In regards to the WHMCS System Requirements for V7 there are new PHP & ionCube requirements, these vary depending on if you are running php 5.6 or php 7 I have listed them below for you

- WHMCS v7 minimum system requirements are PHP 5.6 and stable IonCube Loader 5.0.21 or later.

- WHMCS v7 also supports PHP 7 - in order to ensure complete compatibility, please install the latest Ioncube loader 6.0.2 or later.

I think you're missing the point here and please allow me to explain why. The software is called WHMCS, or, WHM Customer Service. When you're able to have a version of WHM that self-maintains (that's the point of WHMCS v7 as well) on a server (or cloud instance, I don't care what we call it), you have to have EasyApache 4 running on the WHM installation. EasyApache 4 allows for PHP 7 to be installed on the WHM machine and self-maintains the versioning of PHP 7 and PHP 5.3+, along with all of the modules and extensions. PHP 7 will install on a machine with WHM running on it, but WHM is not taking care of that installation as EasyApache 3 does not maintain PHP 7 and thus breaking the importance of self-maintaining. So, when you go and use EasyApache 4 to get glorious PHP 7 along with all of that other functionality, you LOSE the ability to install a module on PHP 7 that has anything to do with ioncube. There is currently no way to have WHM running EasyApache 4 using PHP 7 to have ioncube running on PHP 7 at all. You can very easily use WHMCS on PHP 5.6. But, guess what? No PHP 7. And that sort of defeats the point of having all of these "amazing, wow, that's good" features. And I've been using these features since April of this year for everything else.

Ultimately what I think may have happened here is you all may have forgotten that not all setups are the same AND not even taken into consideration that there are now two different ways to run WHM or I may have just not gotten the memo for something. Especially on how to use WHMCS with WHM on EasyApache 4. There's only one on the installation guide on ioncube for WHMCS. Says nothing about EasyApache 4.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial

This can't be good for business on your side or ours. I am running on a very traditional WHM dedicated setup running WHM 58. Been through many versions, this is the one we're at now. Current. If there's something that needs to be at command line/SSH, then please put it here on this thread or redirect to a thread that can assist with this very issue. Everything "just working" is hinging on this one detail. Pretty silly. Because from where I am, it makes me think you all released a product without checking to see if it worked with a traditional WHM 58 setup and not some cloud-based wizardry that isn't WHM.

Please advise.

Chris, this isn't the exact problem. The instructions here

http://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial

Reference EasyApache 3, not EasyApache 4. For WHM to have PHP 7 natively, it must be running EA4. EA3 and EA4 does not have ioncube for PHP7, only PHP 5.6+. Please advise as to a workaround as this is a traditional WHM setup that it seems a lot of us have.

Hi Everyone,

Works fine with php 5.6 I have IonCube Loader 6.0.4

Doesn't work with php 7 I have IonCube Loader 6.0.4

I checked the phpinfo and the loader is listed on both

thanks

Mitch

Hello Mnemnoch,

You are correct that http://docs.whmcs.com/Ioncube_Installation_Tutorial doesn't appear to have been updated to cover EasyApache 4 however its also not something that our support team can generally assist with. EasyApache is part of cPanel/WHM and they have a dedicated support team which I would recommend reaching out to here as they are much better equiped to support their own products.

WHMCS is designed to assist with the creation and billing of accounts on your server it is not designed to maintain the server in any shape of form outside of the creation of accounts.

I checked the cPanel Blog and they are providing PHP 7 Support, although this information may be out of date you can read the board here

According to cPanel support EasyApache 4 have support for IonCube Loaders 5.1.1-5.5.31.cpanel which will allow you to run on WHMCS v7 on PHP 5.6 I will also work internally to see what steps we can find for upgrading your IonCube Loaders to at least 6.0.2 or later so that you can run PHP7 on your install

I apologise that I can't provide you with more detailed help at this stage I'd much rather point you over to the experts at cPanel support who do this day in and day out.

Update: I've been advised that although there is no ETA yet, cPanel do have a case opened under the reference EA-5267 it should be posted to the EasyApache 4 release notes when its ready, you can view those here it might be worth reaching out and seeing if they can notify you when it's done

Update 2: Theres a bit more information over on the cP forums

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
Added cPanel EA4 Case Details

Works fine with php 5.6 I have IonCube Loader 6.0.4

Doesn't work with php 7 I have IonCube Loader 6.0.4

I checked the phpinfo and the loader is listed on both

thanks

Mitch

Hey Mitch,

Check your error_log in the WHMCS installation you'll likely find its one of the third party modules causing and issue as it's not been encoded for PHP7

Hey Mitch,

Check your error_log in the WHMCS installation you'll likely find its one of the third party modules causing and issue as it's not been encoded for PHP7

Thanks Chris I do see an error it's from softaculous.php

[06-Oct-2016 04:02:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: The file /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/hooks/softaculous.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.0 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

Its not part of whmcs and not part of the template theme I'm using.

I did find install files for it in my work directory on my computer but don't remember installing it. I didn't use softaculous to install WHMCS. WOW no idea

deleted the to files in includes/hooks

and tring again

I tried php 7 again now I get enom_pro error

[06-Oct-2016 04:15:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: The file /home/xxxxxx/public_html/modules/addons/enom_pro/enom_pro_compat_checker.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

Deactivated enom_pro

tried php 7 again

got this error now

[06-Oct-2016 04:24:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error: The file /home/xxxxxx/public_html/modules/addons/zomex_template_manager/hooks.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.0 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

I just made a ticket at zomex then I can continue my php 7 endeavour

thanks again Chris I'm going to cancel the ticket I made

All Sorted http://www.zomex.com/ Responded to my ticket and gave me the files to replace for php7 Excellent and fast service from them

Now to get the plugin I bought from circle tree enom_pro updated for php7 and WHMCS 7 They said WHMCS is only a release copy and they are not going to support whmcs until release. they have not even begun testing from what they told me.

Thanks again for pointing me in the correct direction.

All Sorted http://www.zomex.com/ Responded to my ticket and gave me the files to replace for php7 Excellent and fast service from them

Now to get the plugin I bought from circle tree enom_pro updated for php7 and WHMCS 7 They said WHMCS is only a release copy and they are not going to support whmcs until release. they have not even begun testing from what they told me.

Thanks Mitch,

I'll pass that information on regarding Circle Tree, WHMCS v7 is GA now.

Thanks Mitch,

I'll pass that information on regarding Circle Tree, WHMCS v7 is GA now.

I made a ticket inquiring about php 7 at cirlce tree's support site and no one has answered me over there Not very happy at the moment.

Did you get a reply from circle tree on telling them it was GA?

thanks

mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mitch I'm glad to hear