Ticket Awaiting Reply Not Working

Hi

In our Admin Panel, the top "Ticket(s) Awaiting Reply" is not working. As you can see in this picture, we do have that kind of tickets but its not showing up in the header one:

lP0PEo9.png

I googled this problem, and the only solution I got, was to check if the notification is enabled or that the user have been assigned to a specific department, as a Full Adminstrator, I checked all those parts, but I dont see a problem :

qbu9n4h.png

Also all the options have been activated in the Administrator Rules

I would like to add this fact that we have recently updated from 6.0.1 to 6.3.1 and I have not seen any problems after the update but this one.

I appreciate your help, beforehand.

qbu9n4h.png

why my post is not showing up ?! :|

- - - Updated - - -

I tried all the suggested methods, checked the admin roles and made sure that I have assigned to the right part but the "Ticket(s) Awaiting Reply" status in the header is not working

It used to do in WHMCS 6.0.1 but its doesn't anymore after I upgraded it to 6.3.1.

Thank you for your help

'not working' covers a lot of ground. Please, do try to be informative when requesting support. This helps everyone, including yourself.

Specifically, what is 'not working' about it?

What is it doing that it shouldn't be? What isn't it doing that it should be?

Thanks for your help

I tired posting in this forum for a few times and actually I was full informative in the first time but my post disappeared after I submitted, maybe because I was a new member.

anyway

The problem is "Ticket(s) Awaiting Reply" in the header is stuck at 0, and it doesn't show the right number of tickets awaiting reply.

We have the other one the welcome pages does work but the one in the header doesnt.

We have been using WHMCS for a few years now but everything after upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.3.1, this problem showed up.

I have checked the administrator roles in the settings so the problem is not from there.

Also there is another problem that I could be relative, I dont get support notification emails either. I get the emails for New Orders and Cron Job Reports but not for the support ticket notifications.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be ?!

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

ysZRFek.png

IGyGZIC.png

Thank you for your response

We had a some problems upgrading from the WHMCS settings, so we installed a new WHMCS and then we transferred the databases one by one to the new WHMCS. But still, We checked all the tables during the transfer and we manually added the queries that were in V6.3.1 but not in V6.0.1.

And we havent had any problems except the ones mentioned above.

Anyway, just to make sure, we tired your solution and its not fixed yet .

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This could be caused by orphaned tickets assigned to a department which no longer exists. Please let me know if you get any result from this MySQL query:

select * from tbltickets where did not in (select did from tblticketdepartments)

4 possible reasons

1. broken "mod" (or failed to notice required change) you've made to the admin template

2. custom tickets status set not to count them

3. tickets with invalid user/department/etc

4. browser quirk with the ajax

I'd start by comparing the smarty vars used in the 2 sections in the TPL

Hi,

This could be caused by orphaned tickets assigned to a department which no longer exists. Please let me know if you get any result from this MySQL query:

select * from tbltickets where did not in (select did from tblticketdepartments)

Thanks for your help

I entered your query in PHPMyAdmin, and the result was like this :

MySQL returned an empty result

4 possible reasons

1. broken "mod" (or failed to notice required change) you've made to the admin template

2. custom tickets status set not to count them

3. tickets with invalid user/department/etc

4. browser quirk with the ajax

I'd start by comparing the smarty vars used in the 2 sections in the TPL

Thank your for your help

1.We haven't changed the admin template and its the default template.

2.We haven't made custom ticket status and all the status are the default ones.

3.I have no idea about this, and it could be this, could you explain a little more on this ?!

4.As far as I have checked, that's not the problem, but I would appreciate it if you could help me how could I check this item more precisely.

We had a some problems upgrading from the WHMCS settings, so we installed a new WHMCS and then we transferred the databases one by one to the new WHMCS. But still, We checked all the tables during the transfer and we manually added the queries that were in V6.3.1 but not in V6.0.1.

aren't there database structure differences between v6.0.1 and v6.3.1 :?:

if so, I don't necessarily think that you can, or should, just copy tables between them - it's the install process that would update the db structure for v6.3.1.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.3_Release_Notes

Support Tickets Index Optimization - WHMCS 6.3.0 includes a new optimization to an index used for tickets. Depending on the size of the table and the performance of the database server, this may extend how long the upgrade takes. If you are unable to finish the upgrade in a single run it is recommend to remove the file resources/sql/upgrade630alpha1.sql and run each of the statements manually via a mysql client and then try upgrading again. This change will result in improved loading times for WHMCS installations with large amounts of ticket data.

i'm not necessarily saying that's the cause of your problem, but if the upgrade process didn't go smoothly, then i'm not convinced manually copying the tables across would have been the solution i'd have chosen to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Run this, most of the whmcs "ticket count" errors can be tracked back to merged tickets:

mysql> select id, tid, did, userid, date, status, merged_ticket_id, title from tbltickets where status != "Closed" order by id;

I can get the numbers "out of whack" 2 confirmed methods (outside of the usual department/user-access issues) by merging tickets when open then

1. deleting the 1st ticket in the merged pair

2. closing the ticket(s)

which is leaving the "merged in" versions as open