WHMCS 6 email verification

When I add new clients, it only sends them the verification email and not the welcome emails, so they cannot complete the email verification step because this requires them to login to their account, which they cannot do because have not received the welcome email with their login details. I am assuming the welcome email goes out after they complete the verification, so how are they supposed to do it ??

if you're manually adding clients, it might be simpler to disable the EV option while doing so... it looks like the feature was designed primarily for clients registering themselves or changing email addresses, rather than an admin creating the account.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Email_Verification

When enabled, the client will be sent an email verification notice when the following events occur:

• A new user registration
  • Change of email address for an existing account

By default, clients access is not restricted in any way when an email address has not been verified. This is intentional so as not to restrict the clients ability to access both the services they have paid for or your support resources. Upon registering the "Client Signup Email" template will not be sent.

Email verification is useless in v6. it's just a pretty alert....

Nothing actually depends on this, at all.

Just turn it off, it's worthless

Sorry but you are wrong, if the email is not verified then the user cannot login for a start and the account is not active.

you seem to have edited your message, originally it said

Your welcome email will get sent out, whether or not their email is validated.

Take a look through their email history, you'll see it there[/qiote]

This is not true, considering the email history of a new user contains only 1 email, the verification email, it takes 1 second to look through it, and confirm that this was the only email sent. I have also created a test account and confirmed this behaviour.

Sorry but you are wrong, if the email is not verified then the user cannot login for a start

Wrong! Nice try though. It took me 5 seconds to disprove that one..

and the account is not active.

The activity level of an account is not based on whether or not they've validated their email, but whether or not they have active subscriptions to service, or active orders. That's all.

you seem to have edited your message

I did, to remove the inaccurate portion. Nice attempt at trying to deflect though. Next time, let something edited out stay that way, you won't get proven wrong so easily.

your point is not 100% correct, at least finaly there is built-in feature to verify client emails, with something like <<redacted>> you have control over these accounts

Way to spam your own product... However, my point is absolutely, 100% correct. It's worthless, as it is right now. Nothing is done with that, it's ignored.

I stand by the statement. As it is, WHMCS email validation is pretty worthless. Yes, there are absolutely addons that do add to it, but it's worthless right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey forum-goers!

So with the new feature added of Email Verification, I would like to say that this is in it's infancy.

The ground work has been laid in order to build a more feature rich and robust addition to client accounts.

However, with a little bit of hook work, you can use this new feature to your benefit.

Using the ClientAreaPage hook point, http://docs.whmcs.com/Hooks:ClientAreaPage , you could check in the DB to see if the verification has been completed and allow the client to pass through unaffected.

However, if the validation has not occurred you can have it block access to any client area page until they verify.

We appreciate all feedback on the new feature added to WHMCS and look forward to the future of our new additions to the core of the product.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Email verification is useless in v6. it's just a pretty alert....

Just turn it off, it's worthless

Agreed. Email verification builtin on WHMCS is 100% useless, I thought will help me to prevent fake accounts creations and hard bounces (I use Amazon SES), but is just a decorative feature.