Question

Hi, I am planning on running a single installation of whmcs/whm/cpanel in order to sell domains on two websites.

Website A is business orientated and website B is gaming related.

Does anyone know of any way that I would be able to offer only a selection of my avalible domains to each?

For example, on website A I would like to only display general, country and business orientated TLDs while hiding silly TLDs like ".cool". On website B I would like to only display silly/gaming related domains like ".win", ".team", ect...

This would significantly decrease availability checking time as well as only list suggestions relative to the customer.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

* I DID NOT MEAN TO POST THIS IN THE PRE-SALES SECTION - SORRY! *

1 answer to this question

my initial thought on this would be to have them as two separate installations - that would be by far the simplest way to have generic TLDs on one site; gaming TLDs on the other and avoid the need for any serious modifications to be written... but I suspect you are going to tell me that you don't want to do that. :)

there wouldn't be a way to do what you want solely from the admin settings - so you're then looking at modifying the processes via action hooks and/or template edits... and how complicated that needs to be will depend upon exactly what you need it to do (and where).

for example, at the most basic level, you could use the integration code to create a lookup (on either site) for specific TLDs... that would work fine, but there'd be an issue with suggestions because there is only one installation and hence one set of suggestion TLDs... due to checking times, you can't have too many suggestion TLDs, perhaps 10-20... so I suppose you could choose 10 suggestion TLDs for each site and hide the other ten not applicable to that site from the results... but you wouldn't save much time as upto 20 lookups would still be performed.

maybe if you could use an API solution for lookups, that could give you slightly more flexibility - though that would likely be determined by your registrar choice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By zitu4life
      Hello there
      I thing it is hard-coded, but just to make sure! It is not possible to translate picture below.
      I think those info comes from DOMAIN REGISTRAR, if so we should live with that. I have searched on client area languages and did not find nothing.

• By jdiaz
      Hi everyone, sorry for the noob question.
      I noticed after a customer notified me this, that last year, the domain didn't sync and was marked as expired, so the new invoice was generated only for one service and the domain was not charged.
      For now, I manually marked it as active because on her profile was "Expired" but on Resellerclub, the domain is still active and being used and also tied to the same customer.
      So my question would be, what can I do so after I manually renew it this year, it also starts to be a billable item for the customer from now on as it was before something happened?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Blasgo
      Good morning community
      Register a domain from my "Domain Reseller" panel, how do I add that domain to my client's account on my WHMCS? so that web hosting and domain are notified together.
      thanks for your help
    • By onliner
      Hello,
      As WHMCS support couldn't reproduce the issue, I want to check if someone has experience this 'odd issue'.
      Simply, when a domain check query has been entered, either as direct in the domain check box, or as a link like
      https://domainxxxxx.xxx/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&query=somenewdomain.net
      it takes WHMCS between 6-8 seconds just to respond to a query. In all, it can take up to 14 seconds to load the result.
      I've minimized the auto search to just one TLD, and I've also disabled spotlight TLDs.
      3 independent online speed test tools, return following results:
      I'm using the default templates, both for orderforms and design.
      Load time: 6.89 s
      Fully loaded: 13.811s
      Fully Loaded Time: 8.9s
      I'm getting about 400ms as a TTFB.
      I don't have any ideas left to try. I would appreciate any constructive input. Thanks in advance!
      WHMCS 7.7.1
      PHP version 7.2.19
      PHP Memory Limit  1024MB

• By ModulesGarden
      1. cPanel Extended For WHMCS 3.6.0 
      In this latest module update you will find an essential addition that lots of clients have been asking us about - JetBackup support. Equipped with this new tool, your clients will gain the freedom to choose between various externally scheduled backups straight in your client area as well as add some additional notes to each of them. 
      Learn more about cPanel Extended For WHMCS 3.6.0!

2. Resellers Center For WHMCS 3.4.0
      If you struggle with keeping all details on your resellers under full-time control, this module might be exactly the kind of help you need. A moment ago we upgraded it to the 3.4.0 version which introduces support for WHMCS V7.7 and expands the scope of your resellers’ capabilities even further. 
      In particular, they have been enabled to manage their orders in a far more convenient way. All thanks to three extra tabs in the Reseller Area which let resellers quickly search out the precise orders they need in a matter of seconds. For example, they can browse for orders for domains only, applying even such detailed filters as billing cycle, server or status. 
      Whether your adventure with reselling business has just begun or successfully goes on for some time now, we guarantee the new Resellers Center For WHMCS module to help you achieve greater efficiency with little effort.
      Learn more about Resellers Center For WHMCS 3.4.0!

3. MetricsCube Update
      Need a professional but still intuitive in use tool for comprehensive WHMCS reporting? The choice is one – MetricsCube. The platform currently offers over 70 powerful reports for web hosting companies starting with such common metrics as MRR or ARPU and ending with some less known ones, but equally informative nonetheless. 
      Another great news is that the platform just received a major update and plenty of new features. These include: 5 extra reports related to billing & subscriptions, new Report Presets functionality, really handy reports search engine, and many other improvements to the UI and general performance.
      Step into the world of simple WHMCS Business Analytics!

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!