Question

Hi, I am planning on running a single installation of whmcs/whm/cpanel in order to sell domains on two websites.

Website A is business orientated and website B is gaming related.

Does anyone know of any way that I would be able to offer only a selection of my avalible domains to each?

For example, on website A I would like to only display general, country and business orientated TLDs while hiding silly TLDs like ".cool". On website B I would like to only display silly/gaming related domains like ".win", ".team", ect...

This would significantly decrease availability checking time as well as only list suggestions relative to the customer.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

* I DID NOT MEAN TO POST THIS IN THE PRE-SALES SECTION - SORRY! *

1 answer to this question

my initial thought on this would be to have them as two separate installations - that would be by far the simplest way to have generic TLDs on one site; gaming TLDs on the other and avoid the need for any serious modifications to be written... but I suspect you are going to tell me that you don't want to do that. :)

there wouldn't be a way to do what you want solely from the admin settings - so you're then looking at modifying the processes via action hooks and/or template edits... and how complicated that needs to be will depend upon exactly what you need it to do (and where).

for example, at the most basic level, you could use the integration code to create a lookup (on either site) for specific TLDs... that would work fine, but there'd be an issue with suggestions because there is only one installation and hence one set of suggestion TLDs... due to checking times, you can't have too many suggestion TLDs, perhaps 10-20... so I suppose you could choose 10 suggestion TLDs for each site and hide the other ten not applicable to that site from the results... but you wouldn't save much time as upto 20 lookups would still be performed.

maybe if you could use an API solution for lookups, that could give you slightly more flexibility - though that would likely be determined by your registrar choice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ModulesGarden
      1. May Promotion – Last Call
      Hey, did everyone get their piece of our May Promotion yet? If not, the 20% price cut will be available until the end of 31st May only!
      The following coupon code applies to both new licenses and open source gear: MayDiscountFrenzy
      Don’t miss out on our hottest deals!

2. DNS Manager For WHMCS 2.11.0
      Is the rising complexity of your web hosting business starting to give you a headache? Make your job simpler with a tool perfectly fitted to this role – our DNS Manager For WHMCS!
      Upon the 2.11.0 update, the module received a new bunch of powerful tools: 

Google Cloud DNS submodule support  Logs with all sorts of actions taken on DNS zones Added rDNS management for DirectAdmin submodule  Possibility to allow clients to use only specified domains for zones domain, product, addon and other items Numerous DNS-related improvements

Gain first-hand experience on this enhanced module version, and turn over a new page with your web hosting venture! 
      Learn more about DNS Manager For WHMCS 2.11.0!

3. DediPath Case Study
      If you use are using multiple tools for your data center venture, you should know that the lack of integration between different software solutions can make it even more difficult to accomplish the most basic business tasks.
      The recent case study of DediPath carried out by folks from EasyDCIM shows that all-in-one business management software gives you much greater flexibility and conditions for steady growth. 
      See how to run your data center like a real pro!

4. Lately we have released three completely novel products dedicated to WHMCS, plus one important module update. Feel free to give them a closer study!

Hetzner VPS For WHMCS - v1.0.0 OVH VPS & Dedicated Servers For WHMCS - v1.0.1  Polish Language Translation For WHMCS - v1.0.0 Plesk Extended For WHMCS - v3.1.1

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?

Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By Isaac Asher
      Hey everyone.  I'm still relatively new to the hosting biz and some of my clients are wanting to add multiple websites to their existing hosting package.  I understand that add-on domains would be the best way to handle this.  (But please correct me if I am wrong) 
      I am looking for input on how to manage this from both a technical as well as business perspective. 
      If the client is purchasing a new domain on their existing hosting account, they will be storing files there and taking up more disk space from the server.  Accordingly, I should find a way to recoup the cost of the additional storage expense.  I was looking for a way in WHMCS to sell add-on domains as perhaps a product add-on to an existing hosting account.  This is simple enough, but if the client purchases an additional domain registration, I can't see how i could also require them to purchase this add-on (extra $ to make up for the additional disk space).  
      Alternatively, I thought about offering additional blocks of disk storage.  Package comes with X MB, and for $X, get an additional X MB of storage.  Has anyone accomplished this?  Is this ill-advised? 
      Ultimately I'm looking for a way to reconcile my bottom dollar against the additional disk space that will be consumed by the sites built upon add-on domains. Does anyone have any suggestions? Best practices? Advice for a new entrepreneur?
    • By bluesteam
      Hello,
      I find the domain checker extension categories useless to say the least!   I know that my clients pretty much NEVER even understand what a ccTLD is or a gTLD etc!
      So they don't even KNOW to click those buttons to show the domain extension they are looking for so my clients just get confused!
      Now, the problem is that what WHMCS considers POPULAR doesn't include my own countries tld extension so now when the client is looking for the cost of my countries tld's they can't find it because they don't think for themselves that they need to click a certain category to display the tld to get the pricing!
      So what they simply do now is enter garbage.tld in to the search field and see what the tld costs in the search results rendering the whole cateories options useless and ifthey happen to enter a domain that actually exists, it doesn't show the price.
      So the only way around this I figured is to enable ALL the options by default to show ALL tld's when the page loads.
      Is this possible and if so, how could I do it?
      Thanks
    • By Web Host Pro
      Since 7.7 I'm getting email alerts several times a day for transfer and expiration day syncs. Can disable these emails? I like having it going but I don't need messages each time it runs.