Prorata Billing for Domains possible?

futureweb

Hello,

we got a Customer with several hundred Domains - most of them with their own billing/expiry date.

Of course, our customer doesn't want to receive hundreds of invoices ... also our accounting would kill me for this ... ;-)

So is there a possibility to make Prorata Billing for Domains?

1 Invoice per Month with all Domains for this month?

Hope someone can help me on this ...

Thank you, bye from Austria

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Edited by futureweb

Andreas,

I think there are at least three solutions to this - although none of them are truly Prorata billing for domains... but you don't buy domains monthly, so makes little sense to charge monthly.

the first two options require that you make changes to each of your domain settings for the domains of this customer - you can do that either manually, or depending on what you need, perhaps by a SQL query.

automated invoicing is triggered by the "Next Due Date" value - so if your customer has 10 domains due for renewal in January, each with different Next Due Dates, they will receive 10 separate invoices... but if those 10 domains were to have the same next due date, the customer would be invoiced for them in just one invoice.

now, as I said previously, how you would modify those dates would depend on their number... if it's only a few, you could manually adjust them... however, if it's hundreds, then a SQL query would be quicker (if you are familiar with SQL).

the other alternative, if you want a paid solution, would be to use a third-party addon called "Billing Extension".

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/3882/Billing-Extension.html

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?97886-Billing-Extension

it has many features, including the option of sending a maximum of 12 invoices per year to a client (e.g monthly).