API Add Client function Fails to save CC info to Payment Gateway

pfinucan

Context: WHMCS API with Authorize.net CIM payment Gateway

How to test bug.

Use API to create a new client with optional fields for credit card filled out.

API reports success.

Review gateway transaction log to and confirm no gateway transaction was created.

Confirm payment gateway does work:

Use the API Update Client function to update credit card details of client that wasn't created through the API.

API reports success.

Review the gateway transaction log and see the "UpdateCustomer" action reported.

Test with API Created Client

Use the API Update Client function to update credit card details of client that was created through the API.

API reports success

Review the gateway transaction log and see no transaction were created.

Trying to capture payment on a client created with the API always throw a "No Client Profile ID Found" in the gateway transaction log.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pfinucan,

I have reviewed this and while I was initially unable to reproduce it, reviewing the code I was able to find what the difficulty was. We only make a call to update the remote storage for a cc card if the customer most recent invoice is using a gateway that has a remote storage functionality. When you create a client, you are never going to have an invoice due, so it will never save to the remote gateway.

I will have a conversation about this internally, but this does not appear to be a case of the product behaving differently then the designer intended, as such I am going to file this as "Not a Bug." If you want the API extended to ensure you always try and sync to a remote payment gateway, the best way forward is to open a feature request.

Have a great day,

Nate C

I understand that part of the problem we were having was that the last invoice requirement is not documented.

But I believe there still is a bug. The bug comes from the fact that if you add payment information before you add an order you can NEVER save client payment information to the gateway. Even after adding a order with the payment gateway specified.