PDF Invoice - Logo Issue

Media Corp.

Hi there,

I am configuring our PDF setup for invoices. All I've done is upload our logo to the /clients/images/ folder with the filename 'logo.jpg'

When I create a test invoice, I get a weird format. The logo seems to be stretched to 2-3 times the size it should be. I'm not sure how to include the screenshot (sorry).

I then went and made a simple circle in blue at a width and height of 78px (the same height as the default WHMCS logo) and uploaded it. It too blows up and goes in behind that grey bar of the invoice.

Have any of you experienced this? I've tried everything and it keeps coming up with this huge, pixelated image.

Thanks,

Derek

I have not made any changes to pdfconfig.php.

If I upload a logo that is a BLUE square with the same dimensions as the included WHMCS logo, it looks as it should.

If I upload a logo that is a WHITE square with the same dimensions AND a BLUE circle in the middle, it ends up getting STETCHED so that the BLUE circle matches the dimensions of the stock logo.

If I upload that same logo with a pink background (instead of white) it works fine.

It seems to be ignoring the white background of the logo and scaling up the blue circle. Weird!

So, it seems as though I must use a logo that is the same size as the stock logo, and NOT have whitespace around it. The logo must be coloured.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Derek

I'm using CS3 on a MacBook Pro.

It's not auto-cropping.

Even with the pink background and the blue circle...the blue circle is really pixelated and looks horrible.

I'm going to have to forget about the logo idea. I've created and uploaded a white image that fits the same dimensions as the stock logo (175 x 78px). Now PDF invoices appear to have no logo at all (which will have to do).

I wish this worked though. Seems like a very simple concept, but it's broken.

:x

or you can edit the pdfconfig.php within the includes directory.

search for this string:

$pdf->Image(dirname(__FILE__).'/../images/logo.jpg',10,5,52,14);

it should be the first one, play with the numbers a bit, make a backup first.

and here are some instructions about how to edit it:

========

Image(string file, float x, float y [, float w [, float h [, string type [, mixed link]]]])

Parameters

file

Name of the file containing the image.

x

Abscissa of the upper-left corner.

y

Ordinate of the upper-left corner.

w

Width of the image in the page. If not specified or equal to zero, it is automatically calculated.

h

Height of the image in the page. If not specified or equal to zero, it is automatically calculated.

type

Image format. Possible values are (case insensitive): JPG, JPEG, PNG. If not specified, the type is inferred from the file extension.

link

URL or identifier returned by AddLink().

==========

or you can check this link:

http://www.id.unizh.ch/cl/zinfo/fpdf/doc/image.htm

• WHMCS CEO
I wish this worked though. Seems like a very simple concept, but it's broken.

The only thing that's broken is the image you are using! Keep your logo the same size as the original and there won't be a problem or if you have a different sized logo, you need to alter the size parameters as has been posted above.

Matt

• 1 month later...

$pdf->Image(dirname(__FILE__).'/../images/logo.jpg',15,10,50); is what my thing says by default.

I assume the 15 and 10 are the float points along x and y and the 50 pertains to the width? So I just remove the 50 and it should be calculated automatically? How does this work exactly... and how do I generate a test pdf to make sure everything went right without a client receiving an email or anything.

• 1 month later...