Add individual tags from articles in Knowledgebase

KyneticWeb

Hey guys.. so.. I love the ability to have a tag cloud and I think that is great.. however, I am wondering if anyone of you out there knows how we can add in tags to the articles themselves.

An example would be the 'Most Viewed' articles.. we would like to have listed with each article it's assigned tag(s) from staff.. then having those tags be link-able to search for other articles with similar tags.

This would be in much the same way that blogs would show tags. Though I like the tag cloud.. I would rather each article show it's tags as a reference.

So perhaps a {foreach from=$kbmostviews item=kbarticle}<li><a href="#"><span>{$kbarticle.tag}</span></a></li>{/foreach} -- though I know this is not right. I have tried debugging and it doesn't seem that tags are in any items array.

I do hope this makes sense and I will gladly explain further if needed.

Kindest Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Hey guys.. so.. I love the ability to have a tag cloud and I think that is great.. however, I am wondering if anyone of you out there knows how we can add in tags to the articles themselves.

WHMCS adds new features then fails to explain how to use them - shock! :roll:

I couldn't see any obvious way (e.g typing them in!) in the Admin Area - though it can be achieved by directly editing the appropriate database table and adding them manually.

An example would be the 'Most Viewed' articles.. we would like to have listed with each article it's assigned tag(s) from staff.. then having those tags be link-able to search for other articles with similar tags.

This would be in much the same way that blogs would show tags. Though I like the tag cloud.. I would rather each article show it's tags as a reference.

So perhaps a {foreach from=$kbmostviews item=kbarticle}<li><a href="#"><span>{$kbarticle.tag}</span></a></li>{/foreach} -- though I know this is not right. I have tried debugging and it doesn't seem that tags are in any items array.

if the tags aren't available, then your only option is to query the database to get the info you need - for v6, that should ideally be done using an action hook.