Stripe support

MrPotato

Question

I've been evaluating, hosting billing systems, one thing that surprised me with WHMCS is it has 0 support for Stripe by default, I think most if not all the billing systems I tried supported this natively... I think you're missing a trick not focussing support for this and instead relying on third-party modules.

I'd like to suggest start supporting Stripe out the box.

13 answers to this question

I very much doubt any Billing System will SUPPORT Stripe or any payment processor. what they will do is include a module that integrates the payment processor into their software.

I'm fairly sure that is what he was implying.

+1 To this though, Stripe is amazing and simple and to top it, they make accepting Bitcoin easy.

Grateful to the 3rd party developers who have released modules to support Stripe so far though :).

I'm fairly sure that is what he was implying.

Most likely, but i just clarified the point in case anyone reads and thinks WHMCS actually offer support for these.

Yes i think Stripe should be pre added, especially when they list

Direct Debits that don't work for the UK

Google Checkout which Google ended a couple years back now

Liberty Reserve which was closed down

I agree, its actually shocking that WHMCS does not support Stripe out of the box.

I mean, Stripe is probably the most popular WHMCS gateway now after PayPal and they have an impressive API to do almost anything and everything you want, yet no support from WHMCS. Relying on addons for critical stuff like this (payments) is not something some users will feel confortable.

Disclaimer: I don't use Stripe but I was considering it but I know its extremely popular among WHMCS users. One of the reason I'm not using it is exactly because there is no official Stripe or WHMCS support.

I agree, its actually shocking that WHMCS does not support Stripe out of the box.

I mean, Stripe is probably the most popular WHMCS gateway now after PayPal and they have an impressive API to do almost anything and everything you want, yet no support from WHMCS. Relying on addons for critical stuff like this (payments) is not something some users will feel confortable.

Disclaimer: I don't use Stripe but I was considering it but I know its extremely popular among WHMCS users. One of the reason I'm not using it is exactly because there is no official Stripe or WHMCS support.

well rather than opt to support Stripe then decided to partner with 'EVO Payments' which again like Quantum is a USA only provider.

Probably because EVO payments offer an affiliate scheme, while Stripe doesn't, so WHMCS make $$$ from referrals. Which is nice for them but, as is often the case, not in the best interests of their users :(

But I wouldn't have any reservations about using the third party integration from jclarke, it's properly supported, frequently updated and free unless you opt for support (which I do, although I don't need it). Better service there than at WHMCS.

One of the reason I'm not using it is exactly because there is no official Stripe or WHMCS support.

But I wouldn't have any reservations about using the third party integration from jclarke, it's properly supported, frequently updated and free unless you opt for support (which I do, although I don't need it). Better service there than at WHMCS.

the quality of the support and updates are what's important, not who provides them... if there was a WHMCS Stripe module and it was bugged, you might we waiting weeks/months until the next release; with a 3rd-party addon, the fix should appear far quicker than that.

the quality of the support and updates are what's important, not who provides them... if there was a WHMCS Stripe module and it was bugged, you might we waiting weeks/months until the next release; with a 3rd-party addon, the fix should appear far quicker than that.

Exactly and this is why I mentioned that. If you are using a third party module and there is a new WHMCS version, or order form or any change, then you have to wait for the developer to release a compatible version. If its integrated with WHMCS it should work out of the box.

I don't have problems using third party addons, but for payments, this is just too important and critical to be failing. If WHMCS launches some security patch or fix and for some reason it breaks your payment module, even not being able to process payments for a few hours can be a disaster.

This is why I would prefer if something this critical is build into WHMCS. Not to mention with a free module, there is no reason why the developer should be fixing it either, there is no pressure as opposed to WHMCS where its a paid product and they would receive gazillions tickets if its broken.

Exactly and this is why I mentioned that. If you are using a third party module and there is a new WHMCS version, or order form or any change, then you have to wait for the developer to release a compatible version. If its integrated with WHMCS it should work out of the box.

I don't have problems using third party addons, but for payments, this is just too important and critical to be failing. If WHMCS launches some security patch or fix and for some reason it breaks your payment module, even not being able to process payments for a few hours can be a disaster.

This is why I would prefer if something this critical is build into WHMCS. Not to mention with a free module, there is no reason why the developer should be fixing it either, there is no pressure as opposed to WHMCS where its a paid product and they would receive gazillions tickets if its broken.

A simple thing to do is when WHMCS release a new version is to check with 3rd parties if they have a compatible updated module before upgrading WHMCS