Invalid CSRF Protection Token Version 6

probo

Also,

Some bugs or weird stuff happening in the version 6 update. I did not have this problem in 8 years of WHMCS operation.

1) Unable to mark invoice as Paid,

2) Unable to apply credit

3) Client account Magically shows credit ( Which can cost my business loss)

4)unable to save certian things, multiple tryes required

More comming

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing this message too, but only when I click on "Addons" to view the addons directory...

-Richard

- - - Updated - - -

also, I did try to logout and back in. I tried logging out, clearing cache, and then logging in, all same issue.

Invalid CSRF Protection Token

Keeps logging admin out.

Please check.

Unfortunately it seems that the problem is not a recent. I found the post above and for me the problem was been solved:

randallkent.com/whmcs/whmcs-invalid-token-error-resolved

In short add the following line at the end of your configuration.php file:

session_name("WHMCS");

Try it! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

<p>

Looks like I just joined the club, just wish things would work. I get this error when trying to upload a file for customers to download. I have the download folder set to 777. I also added the path tot he download and that says the file does not exist even though it does.</p>

<p>

I read in another post that the security token times out. How do we extend the time for the security token. When uploading a big file it will take a while. Maybe 20 minutes.</p>

Edited by chaze

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue after rebuilding apache. It may have something to do with PHP. I manage some WHM boxes and adding 0 to mbstring.func_overload to allow for some Joomla installations, we started seeing this error within WHMCS when saving or editing products/services.

We will reset PHP later tonight and give an update.

• 3 months later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Specifying a session_name value in the configuration.php file will likely make matters worse.

This behaviour has three potential causes:

• Your internet connection's IP address has changed since logging in (most frequently happens on mobile broadband)
  • Your PHP configuration is not detecting your actual IP address in the HTTP_CLIENT_IP or HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR values
  • There is a problem with the PHP session configuration

To work around this temporarily, once can disable Session IP Check under Setup > General Settings > Security tab.

• 5 years later...