Custom Site Logo (and feature suggestions)

Erik

All I want is to have our company logo on the top left of the site where clients visit instead of the WHMCS logo.

Of course I could

A) Manually change out the logo in FTP (or)

B) Create an entirely new template (or)

C) Login to WHMCS Admin and just upload a new logo (or)

D) ... (unknown... i could be missing an obvious option?) ....

Problem with (A)

Yes, of course, I can just change out the logo manually. BUT, each time I update WHMCS, the logo will get overwritten back to the WHMCS logo. I have to remember, amongst other things, to replace this file again and again and again with each WHMCS update.

Problem with (B)

My main gripe with a template is the security risk. With every WHMCS update, there's a chance there was a bug fix with the 3 default templates (default, classic, portal) and a bug fix was applied. My template would never see the update. With customer information in the balance, I can't afford to have anything outdated.

Problem with ©

Option C is not presently supported by WHMCS. It would be ideal, wouldn't it? Going a step further, it would be nice to customize the header and footer within the admin portal directly (a configuration setting), so that future bug fixes could be applied to templates without changing the theme.

Problem with (D)

I don't know it and could be missing something entirely. Feel free to chime in.

Hi

If you are customising your template in any way, it is always recommended to call it something unique (i.e. don't call it 'default', 'portal' or 'classic').

This way, when you upgrade WHMCS, your template will not be overwritten in any way. However, you would then need to manually update your template by following the instructions in the Release Notes that are provided with all WHMCS updates.

Personally, I would suggest duplicating whatever template you are using and rename it to something unique. Then I would modify the TPL files (header.tpl and footer.tpl) and change the images to point to your own images (which should also be stored in the template folder itself).