EPP Code

Marcus

Hi there,

if Domain Status is cancelled - customers are not able to get the EPP Code.

that makes no sense. customers must be able, to get the epp code on the last day of their contract.

without drawing a new invoice.

regards

marcus

Marcus,

Can you update this thread with some more detailed reproduction steps. Something like:

* A customer orders a domain registration.

... explain how the domain gets in the cancelled state and what has happened at the registrar to reflect this.

* Customer attempts to get the EPP code

* This fails and the failure is a defect.

This will help me understand the situation better.

Have a great day,

Nate C

Will try my very best ;-)

Situation: A customer cancel the hosting contract, the remaining month are for example 2, in this 2 month the customer has the ability to transfer his data and also his domain to another registrar. On admin site, we handle it like this: got cancellation request, setting Auto-Terminate End of Cycle, setting domain to status cancel to avoid new invoice generation. But, if the status is cancel, customer can not get the EPP code ( whmcs jumps back to domain list ) on admin site this works with every status. Getting the EPP Code works only with status active. But if the status is active, a new invoice will generated - depends on your settings - for ex. 30 days in advance. Short, Hosting ends but a new invoice in generated.

regards

marcus

Marcus,

In this case it sounds like changing the domain to cancelled is having unintended side effects. There are other ways to prevent new invoices from being created and yet still allow the client to get the epp code. Specifically you can check a box in the admin interface when viewing the domain order:

Disable Auto Renew

If we changed the behavior for all domains consider this:

Customer orders a domain, but fails to pay. The order is cancelled and never registered. We show the domain part of that as cancelled. However a client can still try to request the epp code and get frustrated. Or consider what happens if a client orders a domain and is paying for it monthly, after 4 months they stop paying for the domain and hosting. Both products are cancelled, should the client have access to the EPP code then?

As such, I do not consider this a bug. I recommend you use the work around instead.

Have a great day,

Nate C

Nate,

just a hint - this works in 5.0.x

You mentioned, a customer stop paying - doesn't matter - the customer is owner of this domain - especially in the EU you are helpless. In case of com info org etc. you are the lucky one - you can disallow the transfer

Disable Auto Renew may be an way - but, let me know exactly the side effects. For example -> effects with registry modules

if the domain is canceled at registry - customer send you in hell...

regards

marcus

Marcus,

I have brought this up with our development team and we are in agreement. When a customer cancels with you, if the domain is still active with the registrar and owned by the customer you should not cancel the domain product. If you want to prevent them from getting a renewal invoice then you can disable auto renew.

We do not consider this defective behavior and as such I will be closing this forum thread.

Have a great day,

Nate C