Adding payment to merged invoice, sends out parent invoices emails

Eminos

WHMCS 5.3.10.

Adding payment to merged invoice, sends out parent invoices emails, EVEN though the check box "Tick to Send Confirmation Email" is unchecked!

Clarification: The merged invoice payment email is NOT sent (correct), but the parent invoices' emails are still sent out.

Hello,

I was not able to reproduce this on my 5.3.10 test installation. If you can open a ticket with our support team and point to the specific emails that were sent so our support team can investigate this we might be able to track down more specific reproduction steps that allow this to be confirmed.

Have a great day,

Nate C

I created a support ticket. Apparently it was not a merged invoice but a "mass pay" invoice. So I made a mistake there.

I still think that the original invoices' emails should not be sent out when you uncheck that box in the payment of the mass pay invoice. But according to support, that is expected behaviour.

Eminos,

Thanks for the update. In situations where the software is behaving as the developer intended, we would consider changing the behavior to be a feature request. Normally we track those through the requests system at:

https://requests.whmcs.com

You can make a post there explaining how you think things should behave and if lots of other users agree with you they can upvote it. We do review that system when planning new work.

This forum is specifically for reporting places where the behavior the development team expects to happen are not happen. As such I am going to close this thread.

Have a great day,

Nate C