Initial Year Charge - Then Monthly After The 1st Year?

wokka

Question

Sorry if these are stoopid questions - new to WHMCS.

1. Initial Charge for 1 Year upfront - then monthly smaller retention fee

I'm looking to setup and design sites for small businesses and charge them an initial fixed fee for the year.

Then, after 12 months I want to charge them a monthly flat hosting fee.

Would I be able to automate this with WHMCS, if so how?

2. Looking to use kashflow to handle the invoicing and collection of payments

The reason for this is that Kashflow can collect payments with gocardless.

I really like the idea of collecting payments by direct debit, as there is much less churn.

But, without trying it out - I don't know how it would work for the customer?

Would the customer receive the Kashflow produced invoice or the WHMCS one?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

1. Yes. Create a product with a yearly setup fee of let's say 1000 euro then also set an yearly reccurring price of 500 euro. The result is 1000 euro for first year and 500 for renewals.

This wouldn't make an 'initial fee' followed by smaller monthly payments (it would be monthly payments). I think you will need to either manually change the cycle to monthly (instead of annually) or look into some (probably small) custom dev work.

2. The customer should get the WHMCS invoice. Kashflow is more for accounting on your end, of course, you can try it out yourself as they have a free trial.

This wouldn't make an 'initial fee' followed by smaller monthly payments (it would be monthly payments). I think you will need to either manually change the cycle to monthly (instead of annually) or look into some (probably small) custom dev work.

2. The customer should get the WHMCS invoice. Kashflow is more for accounting on your end, of course, you can try it out yourself as they have a free trial.

Excellent info - Thanks.

1. Changing the cycle manually, sounds like the easiest solution - but, would it change the cycle for every customer/client that is signed up to that product, or would it just change the specific customers?

Is it possible to setup a reminder/diary note within WHMCS to remind me to change the cycle for that customer, on the correct day?

2. That clears it up for me - so WHMCS sends the invoice to the customer and Kashflow just does all the accounting behind the scenes. It mirrors the WHMCS transaction, but makes sure that the cash actually gets collected.

1. it would just change the specific customers - you'd go into the clients profile -> products -> select the product from the dropdown and change the billing cycle and the amount.

with regards to diary, there is a calendar and a to-do list in the Admin Area... either will help with reminders.

http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Utilities#Calendar