Faster way to input new tld pricing

durangod

I am adding a bunch of new tld's and i was wondering of there was a faster way to do the tld pricing rather than manually year by year.

I have noticed that most of the domains are $20, $30, or $45 and there are about 50 new tld's i want to add. So what i was hoping i could do is update a default slab for each.

Default slab 1 $20.00 and so forth down the ling

Default slab 2 $30.00 ""

Default slab 3 $45.00 ""

so then what i would do is input the new tld info, then click pricing, then select for example slab 1 and it would load all the pricing for the years 1-10 for me then i could just save and go to the next one without having to go down the years and enter each price.

There has to be a way to save on data entry time here... i just dont know what.. (maybe i can just set up a quick sql file and execute it for each one, but im not sure what table(s))

Any ideas..

I keep a spreadsheet - and then I simply duplicate one of the previous domains at the same price-point - it takes longer to drag them into alphabetical order than to enter the new TLD and get the price correct. As there never seems to be more than 6 releasing in a single day, it's not that big a deal.

The bigger deal is updating our non-whmcs systems - includes for dropdowns etc (ie, the integration code stuff)

I wish there was a quick "order alphabetically from here down" but on the TLDs pages - because we have all the common domains at the top, then when the new TLDs and hardly ever ordered domains start, we order them alphabetically.

yes for sure duplicate tld is the answer.. what a time saver. i was doing each one before and would only do about 10 per night as my goal. Now with using duplicate tld i can just pick out the $20 tlds from the list and just run right thru them. I just did 30 of them in less than half an hour... easy easy easy...

And one more thing... thanks WHMCS for making that input box for the duplicate tlds appear on a transparent window, that helped so much to see what i have done by looking on the tld list page behind the input page... That was great. nice work

;)

ok after a bit of reading on the smarty website and trying a few things i knew sort of what to look for for searching here and i found this, very old post

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?20428-Smarty-Sorting-of-Arrays

it does sort when i use it... but it does not sort the way i want it to..

i have tried

{foreach key=num item=listtld from=$tlds|@sortby:extension}
{foreach key=num item=listtld from=$tlds|sortby:extension}   <!-- without @sign -->

but just not giving me the results i want.

i know that extension is the table name in the table, as long as the adddomain.tpl is looking at tbldomainpricing table, that i am not 100%...

i may have to dig into the php file to see what i can do, maybe it just needs to be updated since 2009..

any help would be great, that way we can have a sort function to do our sorts with folks in the template files... :)

Edited by durangod

@alex... thanks but its not worth that much money for me to do that... i really dont need all those features, but its nice to know its there if i do... looks nice :)

by the way @greghl here is the sort deal i came up with and it works great.... enjoy all.. :)

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?90071-sorting-tlds-mod&p=379303#post379303

Understandable and nice contribution :).

• 4 months later...

I am in the progress of switching from an AWBS system to WHMCS and for so many TLD's it's a pain I have to go through.

Because in AWBS we only set the prices for the first year. IF the extra years would be fine to add up, the system did the calculation. We only had to leave the prices set to 0.00 to make use of this. Lets say if the first year is sold at 9.45 and we set the price for five years to 0.00 the system would calculate 9.45x5=47.25

We only had to fill out all prices if we wanted prices outside this calculation schema.

To make this work we need to set an extra config to tell the system what the minimum and maximum available years are for each TLD.

I agree there needs to be improvement from the WHMCS dev side with so many. In the mean time once you get some basics input into the system for example once you get 10 20 30 50 and so on then you can just copy and duplicate and it does go much faster.

But yeah at first the input is extreme because we all have our own pricing structure and profit margin.

I agree there needs to be improvement from the WHMCS dev side with so many. In the mean time once you get some basics input into the system for example once you get 10 20 30 50 and so on then you can just copy and duplicate and it does go much faster.

But yeah at first the input is extreme because we all have our own pricing structure and profit margin.

I raised the sort issue at cPanel 2014 - the guys I spoke to seemed to think it was a good idea - but disappointingly, they also seemed like it was the first time they were hearing this suggestion, ie, no-one goes through this forum and plucks out items for the wishlist... :(

Makes you wonder how many of them are actual users. I promise the first time they had to sit down and input 100+ tlds and pricing would be the last time and a new feature would miraculously appear in the next version to make it easier. I did review the MG Addon and im all for addons the more the better. But i have a problem spending that much money for something that should really be out of the box as it is a global issue. Also i watched the MG video and i could not understand a word they were saying. MG if your gonna do vids, please do them with clear english speaking hosts, that female has such a bad dialect it really pushes people away IMO.

So lets hope that one day, someone with the right connection to make things happen has to actually sit for hours and initially input data. If so it wont take long until there is a better way for us all on this issue :)

That is one reason that voting does not work, its a nice plan of attack but people dont vote. I dont know all the reasons but i just know that many of them dont. One reason might be is that they figure common sense should overpower the vote. For example: Its like sitting in the office and the building is on fire but your computer tells you its not, so you sit there and burn up because you depend too much on things out side of common sense.

Common sense is that of course people want a better way to input tlds, the less time they spend doing that the more they can spend on other things to build their business. Initial data entry has always been a challenge, it was back in the day of huge computers and punch cards and it still is today. Someone has to do it, it does not just magically happen.

The common sense of this is that most of us are not asking for a total solution, just something in between to make this an easier process. I dont think a data feed is the answer and i dont think that having packaged prices is the answer. But i do think that there are smarter people than me out there than can find something in between to help us.

I would hate to think it would be a new request after all this time.

It's not but several years into using WHMCS you get very proficient at doing things the easy way - in php and mysql outside of whmcs itself

tbdomainpricing and tblpricing are your friends - add one extension, look what goes in the db, duplicate as needed :)

• 5 months later...

I would very much like to see a solution to this growing problem. I know nothing about utilizing mysql, arrays, and some of the other potential solutions posted. I have limited coding expertise am simply wanting something that operates out of the box or at least will offer a starting point from which I can customize if I choose. Hours of inputting this essential data from scratch is not a good use of time if there is a way WHMCS can facilitate the process. Thank you.