Upgrade issues

Sea-wing

Hello, I just attempted to use the upgrade patch from 5.3.6 to 5.3.7. I uploaded the files but the version did not change. The only suggestion I saw was to check the file permissions, I looked at the permissions and did not see anything amiss. I didn't change any permissions as I don't want to create a security problem by accident. Is there anyone else that has had this issue? What can I do to fix it?

I have just upgraded two installs from 5.3.6 to 5.3.7 using the incremental patch zip with no issues and the version number also updated correctly.

Can you confirm you overwrote all of the files when you uploaded? If you're sure you did, then maybe do a hard refresh and clear your templates_c?

Maybe re-upload the files again in case you missed something?

I do believe that I overwrote all of the files. there were no errors when I loaded the files. I just did it again to be sure. The only thing in templates_c is an index.php file. I also tried clearing my browser cache and domain cookies just in case. It is still showing the old version number and saying an update is available.

By hard refresh, you mean in the browser correct?

Where about are you seeing the old version number? Sometimes it doesn't update in the sidebar or homepage until you visit help > check for updates (this page forces it to get the version)

I get the pop up when I go to the index page, I see it in the side bar, and I see it when I go to Help> check for updates.

I just downloaded it again and tried the upload. the upload went fine, but still no sign of version change. Is there another way to see if anything has been changed?