I only want to sell hosting - what's the minimum set up for domains?

janice171

Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 19.54.46.pngHi,

When i go through and place a test order the email says:

An order has received its first payment but the automatic provisioning has failed and requires you to manually check resolve.

Sorry, that's an invalid domain

I'm presuming this is because I have all domain functionality turned off but maybe i need some of it turned on if a domain name has to be associated with a hosting account...transfer only maybe?

If so which part do i need to turn on as i am not selling domain names. I've attached a screen shot of the General settings/Domains area so someone can let me know what i do/don't require.

Thanks for any help

j

Edited by janice171

I don't seem to be having that issue on my end, try to check the "Create To-Do List Entries" Since I don't know anything else you have setup in your General setup I can't help you any further than this. But It may also be that because it is not a registered domain the whois is failing and giving that error. transfer also will not help you since you do not resell domains. The transfer means to transfer the domain to your reseller. So try the one I put up there and try it again.

Sorry I can't help you further.

if you go to Products setup and examine the product you're testing - did you tick the box marked "Require Domain" ?

if its unticked, then you should be able to order hosting without a domain... if you wish to do this.

also, I think that may be a cpanel / whm error message - so perhaps check that your server(s) are setup correctly in whmcs and that you've created the hosting packages in whm.

Hi Mtech - thanks for replying. I think my problem is arising because i want cpanel to be set up automatically after payment is made so i have this checked. But this requires a domain name...correct? Or is there another way around this?

Basically i just want users to have an option where they can update their own nameservers so would enter their existing domain name...or maybe this is simply confusing and i should just offer domains...anyone got any experience with what works best?

Hi Brian - thanks also for replying. As above...is this the issue and is there a way around this?

Edited by janice171

it will require a domain name (or possibly subdomain), but the domain itself won't need to be assigned to the server, e.g you could make a test order using google.com as the domain and the account should get created.

what happens when you add a new order via admin - does the account get added on cpanel ?

Hi - thanks again for all the replies.

Yes i do want to associate a hosting package with a domain but i just want to know which domain options within WHMCS admin i need for this minimal level of domain association....and Iwhere would this appear in the ordering process?

I've tried various combinations but can't seem to find one where the user has to add their own domain.

Thanks for any help