Multi language product descriptions?

postcd

Am i missing anything or WHMCS dont allow products descriptions in more languages?

I mean i have:

/template/default_czech

/template/default

for my different template language files, but in WHMCS admin area i can still set only one description?

Or can i anyhow go around it?

My alternative language is "czech", "cs"

so far my Czech clients can only see English product (hosting) descriptions :-(

Edited by postcd

I think you posted in the wrong subforum, but nevermind!

officially, WHMCS isn't multilingual and so descriptions can only be in one language - apparently it's been requested for years, but WHMCS still haven't got around to introducing multiple language descriptions.

it is possible to translate the descriptions into another language (or multiple languages) by editing the templates.

but just so I understand your situation - you have two templates with English used in one, and Czech in the other? And you want to alter the Czech version so that the English descriptions (and other parts) are translated into Czech??

if so, that can be done - which order form template are you using ?

it is possible to translate the descriptions into another language (or multiple languages) by editing the templates.

but just so I understand your situation - you have two templates with English used in one, and Czech in the other? And you want to alter the Czech version so that the English descriptions (and other parts) are translated into Czech??

if so, that can be done - which order form template are you using ?

yes, like you say, im using "default" for english and "default_czech" for czech . please introduce how product descriptions can be translated. i thought its stored in mysql, not files. All editings in admin area are saved in mysql i think. hope we speak about same description. Me about those set in admin area, you add new products from there.

yes, like you say, im using "default" for english and "default_czech" for czech . please introduce how product descriptions can be translated. i thought its stored in mysql, not files. All editings in admin area are saved in mysql i think. hope we speak about same description. Me about those set in admin area, you add new products from there.

we are talking about the same descriptions, and the default descriptions are stored in the database, but I don't need to rewrite WHMCS to allow multiple descriptions to be displayed.

I can think of two ways to do this - the first will definitely work, but is a little lengthy... the second is far more flexible and will work in all languages, but I need to get the code syntax correct first - i'm working on this now (while it's quiet at work!).

update - I have now got the second method to work using the modern orderform template - it's just one line of code and will work for all languages... if a translation exists it will use it, otherwise it uses the default description.

also, I can use the first method to translate the product features too - second method would probably work too, but using it might be overkill for that.

the next step is to see if this solution will work in the other orderforms.

Edited by brian!

• 3 months later...
update - I have now got the second method to work using the modern orderform template - it's just one line of code and will work for all languages... if a translation exists it will use it, otherwise it uses the default description.

Hello,

what is this method you used to get this to work?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Sorry Brian but 80€ for this module is nothing more than a joke!!!!

I can't argue that it's a little pricey - but then that's nothing to do with me, I played no part in the writing (or pricing) of the module! :)

in fairness, I can well imagine the amount of work and testing that went into its development, so if the author feels he can charge 80€, and if there are users willing to pay that price, then that's their choice... if no-one's buying the module @ 80€, the price will likely drop.

For something that should be a standard feature of WHMCS!!!!!

very true - but how long have people been asking for it? it pre-dates me being here by years and WHMCS have seemingly not made any attempts to add it to a previous release, nor does it appear to be scheduled for addition to a future release...

from what i've experienced with WHMCS over the last couple of years, if I ever needed a feature/improvement, then my first thought would be to write it myself (unless a 3rd-party solution already existed); if I couldn't write it, then I might consider paying someone else to do it... the last resort would be to wait for WHMCS to add the feature - at best, their next release will be months away and can your business afford to wait that long?

personally, I wouldn't even bother to submit a feature request either (nor do I suggest doing so to other users - I leave that to the WHMCS support guys!) - perhaps I might vote if there was an existing request for a similar feature, but when there are requests that have tens/hundreds of votes that don't get implemented, what's the point of submitting one which might only get a handful of votes?

hopefully that system will improve in the future - time will tell.

• 6 months later...