Password reset not working?

Rendrag

I had a client call today, saying they'd gone through the process to reset their password and no new password had arrived. Figured it was a case of thrombosis, so put through my own test.

Sure enough, the initial reset email with the reset link arrived. I clicked on that, and it said reset successful. However that second email (subject of 'our password has been reset for X') never arrived.

Now I actually have a supplier in Ireland who use WHMCS also, who has this exact same problem - I've been asking them about it for ages, and they assure me it's my mailserver. Now I'm thinking it's actually a WHMCS issue. Before I ask support about it, I figured I'd check here, to see if it's a common problem, and if so, what the fix is?

Thanks,

Damien

• 2 months later...

Sure enough, the initial reset email with the reset link arrived. I clicked on that, and it said reset successful. However that second email (subject of 'our password has been reset for X') never arrived.

Damien

I have had the exact same scenario today - client emailed me to inform they never received the final email with the new password - also tested myself and the second email does not arrive, but it is marked as sent in the admin section.

Is there a known bug? What is the fix please?

are you using a customised template ?

I think somewhere around 5.2.4 things were changed in that the first email includes a link to reset the password, they follow the link and enter a new password again and then a confirmation email is sent to the client saying the password has been changed - but that second email does *not* include the password itself.

i've just tested this on our v5.2.5 setup and it works fine (actually pw strength didn't work, but that will be a template issue at this end probably).

I only spotted the password issue when comparing the bought template (released pre v5.2) against one of the default ones and there were files in the default folders that wasn't in the custom template... pwreset.tpl and pwresetvalidation.tpl were two of them off the top of my head.

so if you are using a custom template, you may need to do a file by file comparison between your template and one of the default ones.

This is unbelievable.

I opened a topic in the Bug Report forum and it got closed, without someone from the staff replying.

This topic just proves it's a bug and it should be fixed.

And no, I'm not using a customized template.

Hello,

This however is not a bug. WHMCS changed the way password resets are handled in 5.2.0 requiring an update to the template. If you need assistance beyond reviewing the forum posts, please submit a ticket so we can assist.