AMAZING WHMCS Integration!

reddexdesign

Reddex;

The only issue anyone ever had with you was your copyright infringement. Matt is simply looking out for you when he says things like this. He is not trying to insult you by calling you 13, at least I do not think he is. I know I do have respect for you attempting something at such a young age. Reminds me of me ;)

I know in Canada at least that until you are 18, your parents are responsible for you. This means if you break the law, even in your business your parents are at fault. If someone was to sue you, they would be suing your parents. What I would take from this experience is to run any and all ideas you have through your parents. I think they may know a thing or two about business and thats a great way to vastly gain knowledge and assure you are on the right course. If not anything else your parents can at least consent to your actions.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't stand people who steal ... as someone who's been a victim of this alot it really pisses me off. (as well as people ripping my clients whmcs integrations - see my 3rabserver post)

Now as for this website:

I see at the top of the code it states

<!-- ////////////////////////////////// -->

<!-- // This website was created // -->

<!-- // by Reddex Design in 2011 // -->

<!-- // DO NOT COPY ANY MATERIAL // -->

<!-- // FROM REDDEXDESIGN.COM // -->

That is BS. This is just a modified copy (ie: changed the bg image) of the Epsilon template found on themeforest

http://themeforest.net/item/epsilon-hosting-and-business-template/117716

Did you pay for that template or just rip parts for your own use?

You're not in a position to be telling me to 'seriously review' what I am doing. Do you know how much hard work I have put into my business?

You seriously need to look at your attitude. You got caught, that's as simple as it gets. I'm not in a position to tell you to seriously review what you're doing? Hard work in copying the work of others? Please, do get real.

Another thing, you claim to be a Managing Director, yet your company is not registered nor could it be as you are 13 and the minimum age requirement is 16.

I don't need to have your teacher call me, as I received a call from the head of IT at your school today to discuss the matter in regard to the emails you have sent from your school email address.

It is people like you who discredit the work of others. As someone else has said, you've put a line in your source code asking people not to copy you, yet you did exactly the same, twice and even had the audacity to charge for the software that you ripped-off.

You need to understand the consequences of your actions but also the impact this may have on your parents, as they are responsible for your actions at your current age but also that to your school. You are using their internet connection to break the law and infringe on others copyrighted works.

You also realise that at your age, you cannot agree to contract with your customers to gain service but also, you should not be taking payments via PayPal, as you are not old enough as per their terms.

Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or use the service.

It all boils down to the fact that when we asked you to remove it, you lied to us further and said you created it - you did not.

I paid a full amount. Don't you start accusing people of something they haven't done.

Paying for a template (though based on the other things I've read here from and about you I doubt that) gives you the right to claim authorship of it? Please refer us to the link where it states you own it exclusively and can claim you created it.

James/reddexdesign

Not a great start to your business career. The fact that who blatently ripped off images and scripts belonging to fellow WHMCS users and members of this forum , and then broadcasted it all over the same forums is just unbelievable. Can you blame people for being seriousley pissed at you ? The best thing you can do now is to just keep a low profile for a bit until this blows over. I really hope this experience has been of some benefit to your business etiquette and I do wish you good luck in your future endeavours.

Hi,

Yes, i was aware of this and now my designer is working

on it. He should be done by the end of today.

Thanks for reminding me!

James :-)

Still trying to fix it, my designer is offline at the moment!

I am not lying. I promise you I am 13. If you don't believe me then i shall call you later this evening!

James

What an amazing thread this is!

Hi all,

Firstly Matt:

1) I have said sorry and removed the copyright notice, what is the problem still? I know what I did is wrong and have explained that to you numerous amounts of times.

2) So you can see that I'm thirteen if my IT teacher called you!

3) Also, the school's internet connection was not used in any way to copy anything. I have been doing everything at home and only replying to emails and tickets in school. That's why I took an hour to remove the image, because I was at school and couldn't get to the right files.

4) It is fully legal to have a business at my age, it does not need to be registered until I reach £5000 annually or over, which I will then register in my parents' name. Tax is not needed till 16 either.

5) Everything is registered under my parents' names. It is legal. Believe me.

6) Once again, sorry, can you just leave me alone now and reply to another forum. I've learnt a valuable lesson here and will not do it again. Promise!

The rest of you:

Don't listen to have the things posted on this thread, not only are the first few posts on here incorrect but they are offensive. I am glad Matt has realised that I am 13 after all and I thank him for that.

I do not mean any trouble and I wish to get on with my life and business now.

Thanks, James

4) It is fully legal to have a business at my age, it does not need to be registered until I reach £5000 annually or over, which I will then register in my parents' name. Tax is not needed till 16 either.

Eh what?

Until you are 18, you cannot make "contractual" agreements with your customers. Further more, you must put the name of the owner of the business if a sole trader/partnership on your site, as well as a full business address - neither of which your site has (http://www.website-law.co.uk/blog/internet-law/website-legal-information-basic-requirements/)

£5000? You don't ever need to register a business - you could just operate as a sole trader forever. However, you do need to register to charge VAT once the value of taxable supplies exceeds £70,000 per year.

5) Everything is registered under my parents' names. It is legal. Believe me.

So you're claiming you don't have to pay income tax/self assessment as you're under 16, but everything is registered in your parents name, so technical they are the ones making an incoming from your "business". I also believe that regardless of age, you will pay tax if you cross the threshold which is around £5200~, I just can't find the HMRC document.

I'll say it again, you really need to take 5 and go and research running a business, your responsibilities and the legalities as to what you can and cannot do at your age.

Edited by XN-Matt

Hi Matt,

1) Yes, my parents manage it, they are over 18.

2) Or that would be a good idea for now.

3) Yes and then passing the money on to me.

4) I shall indeed. I do think I am doing everything legally but will double check like you say.

Thanks for explaining :-)

Edited by reddexdesign
Putting 'the money' instead of 'it'

Hi,

I have won a business award from my local newspaper recently, in the last few months. See http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Individuals-groups-winners/article-2903671-detail/article.html and scroll down to the link with James Anderson on it. It explains everything there.

I also won agold star award in 2008.

Thanks,

James

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

I think its about time that someone brings a reality check here. The guy is 13. Whetever legalities are involved in the actions of redexdesign have been heard. This is no longer a showcase post but a post where everyone who hasn't bitched on the forum in ages can now start letting rip on a Minor. I feel the lot of you are now acting like 2yr olds and this has got out of hand.

Points to note.

1) He did wrong, no doubt in that, he has apologised in many posts!

2) Site content - Awards, amazing low value, leading host etc etc are used by a lot of hosting companies who to be honest are not the cheapest, dont have awards and use it as a method of grandure. How many of you approached your very fist customer and told them that ... "Wow, your my very first customer, i am a one man bandit working from my bedroom while holding down a full time job" I bet none of you did. I am sure you all did the same as the rest of us and stated you were slightly better organised than you were.

3) Slating an obvious minor is the type of thing i would see on Facebook and not on a reputable forum where the whole content of the post was meant to be about his site design/template. After the apology, there should have been enough said.. END OF!!

4) Whatever legalities are involved in what the guy has done are now for him to sort out. Who gave us the right to judge this guy, you are all out of order now for even keeping this post running and feeding it with sarcastic and offensive content, that also applies to you Reddex as well....

I vote for this thread to be deleted...... forgotten about, leassons were learned the hard way, let get on with our own businesses and let James get on with picking up the pieces of his own business. We all made mistakes in the beginning and anyone who said there were no hiccups along the way is talking out of their back side!

I wish you all good luck in your ventures, reddex included. I wish we could all be a little less judgemental and keep posts mature and less bitchy. Your all like a pack of women whos husbands just cheated on them! Reddex is not the enemy, he's just made a few mistakes which I know hes extremely sorry for looking at the posts from the last time I posted here.

So thats my English Arrogance and my Irish madness coming out. Now I will take heed of my own message and stop posting here in this thread. Something i feel we all should do. Lets get back to helping ppl again.... where's the community spirit i used to love on these forums! The only person we should be taking the piss out of is ourselves... Humility is a wonderful trait.

Wonderful regards to everyone!

Hi,

I have won a business award from my local newspaper recently, in the last few months. See http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Individuals-groups-winners/article-2903671-detail/article.html and scroll down to the link with James Anderson on it. It explains everything there.

I also won agold star award in 2008.

Thanks,

James

OK, I believe you now - accept my original comment as my stance. Well done and good luck, but play by the rules 8)