reddexdesign

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the report by the way.

Is there a reason you've stolen our background image?

Edit: I have just had a chat with a 13 year old who claims to run the company via their chat.

Is there any reason you are breaching our copyright on your site?

James Anderson [agent]

Which site is yours?

You <click to change>

Stealing other peoples images is breaching our copyright.

James Anderson [agent]

Is your site xilo.net?

You <click to change>

Your background image. You even link it to the file on OUR site.

Yes.

James Anderson [agent]

The image I used was actually re-created in photoshop

You <click to change>

What? You link it to OUR site on our domain.

James Anderson [agent]

I am 13 aqnd this is my own hosting company, I am ever so sorry.

Please let me off. I will try to remove it immediately.

Can I use a similar image?

You <click to change>

No, you cannot use that image at all.

James Anderson [agent]

Maybe re-create it but differently?

I am sure I've also seen the web-hosting page from somewhere that is a copy.

Shame their twitter claims "Making professional websites and graphics at a low cost for you." - Meaning ripping off other people to make a profit. Genius.

Edited by XN-Matt

Guys, not that I am defending him or anything, but if he is 13, maybe give the guy the benefit of the doubt. We all started somewhere, if he wants to be the next Alan Sugar, then he's gotta start somewhere. I know its a bit naughty of him for using your image... and SLAP to him for not checking his site before it went live BUT he did offer to take it off. All be it he should have noticed.

We are only human guys. I believe he's sorry for what he did.

Maybe i'm a little jaded after being in this industry for 9 years now.. but people that do things like this will give all excuses in the book.

This was shown when he said he was "re-created in photoshop" yet his CSS was directly linking to us - just another lie.

Many of us on here work hard for their companies and to have sites ripped off, even with just a simple image just isn't acceptable.

I do agree. Plagerism is a hugh problem at the moment. I caught one of my resellers plagerising my content a year ago... Not good. Considering my links were still live and my meta tags were used. You were able to do a direct search for my company name and his site appeared above mine in Google... NOT AMUSED!!

Age doesn't matter, plagiarism is plagiarism! You just don't steal other peoples things.

I think he needs to learn an important lesson as well. The value of his own name. By plagiarizing other peoples work he is tarnishing his own name and reputation. I have no idea how he can think he can be active in this community and think he can get away with taking other peoples work! Like developers and designers can't recognize their own work? This will always in-turn reflect badly on him to the rest of the community.

In the future when he may actually sell a legit product people will search his name and find these posts about him and he will be losing a lot of business because of it.

I am in the process of contacting WHMCS developers to create an "Authorized Developer" system between us. This will in-turn give users the satisfaction that all the modules they have are by legit developers. This system will of course be open to any developer that wishes to work within the WHMCS community, but closed to any developer who does not work ethically.

How does calling me prove your age? That's a very silly statement to make.

You've not only copied us but also ripped someone else of and SOLD their script for money. If I was the other guy, I would report you to your payment gateway as you're breaking the law and using their gateway to accomplish this.

If you are under 18, I suggest you seriously review what you are doing and speak to someone who knows better. If the person registered at the address is your dad, as you claim, I am not sure he'd like a visit from the Police to investigate his son for what you are doing.

Thanks Jeff. I do thank you for your kind words. If any of you do not believe that I am 13 then check out my facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/airfmonline - it's my personal page as I used to run a radio station, hence the airfmonline name!

I AM 13. I find it offensive that some of you don't take me seriously. I also think that my website is very professional as you think I am an adult and not a child.

I have removed the background image ever since 1:00PM today so everything should be fine now. Check it out at http://www.reddexdesign.com if you wish.

As I have already said, I am deeply sorry because of this and i have learnt a big lesson!

James

Also, I highly doubt that the Police will do anything seeing as I responded to your request and spent an hour removing your background from my site.

That might be taking it too far. Also, legally you have 24 hours until you can report me as you stated in your PM via WHMCS. This has been addressed.

I also phoned your company and left a note saying that i had taken off the image.

What more can I do? I really am sorry.

James

Just been told that he has done it to a script as well..

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=35051

8:20~ in the morning.. wouldn't he be in morning registration, if he is "13" and at "school".

The mind boggles with the lies he is telling.

I think you'll look silly when you find out that I am 13. I go to a grammar school in Plymouth and it starts at 8:50. If you would like, I can get my IT teacher to email you, then you'll see won't you?

James

Edited by reddexdesign

If you are under 18, I suggest you seriously review what you are doing and speak to someone who knows better. If the person registered at the address is your dad, as you claim, I am not sure he'd like a visit from the Police to investigate his son for what you are doing.

You're not in a position to be telling me to 'seriously review' what I am doing. Do you know how much hard work I have put into my business? I find that statement very offensive. I agree that the image on your website was copyrighted and I respect that which was why I took the image off within one hour of you emailing me. My company is fully legal and will continue to be. I want to try and expand to be bigger and bigger. I don't want people like you telling me to give up, I want to be the best I can be.

Please don't write comments like this because:

a) You're only making yourself look silly, especially when you find out that I am 13.

b) Even if you don't want to help others with their sites, I do and I want to have a try at my own site for a while to get it off the ground.

Thanks,

James