AMAZING WHMCS Integration!

reddexdesign

Hi Jeff and Alistair,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, both of you! I agree for this thread to be deleted and

I am just about to contact admin to ask them to do it.

Matt has phoned my school to report me and they will talk to me about it.

A notice from me: I am ever so sorry for anything I have done which upsets or annoys people, regarding the copyright issue. I will leave this learning a very good lesson, just like Jeff said. Can everyone end the matter now and if they have an issue, they can PM me on email jamesanderson@reddexdesign.com.

Thanks,

James

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have won a business award from my local newspaper recently, in the last few months.

Perhaps I misread, but the article states this: "The youngster, who goes to Devonport High School for Boys, has been nominated for The Herald Young Business Award."

That's not winning. Can you show us where you'd won, too?

I also won agold star award in 2008.

Surely not for webdesign and hosting as Reddix, since the UK domain was registered in November of 2008, and the .com a year later. Based on that, what is that award for, exactly?

Hi,

Nomination: http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Teenage-web-entrepreneur/article-2851528-detail/article.html

Won: http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Individuals-groups-winners/article-2903671-detail/article.html

(Scroll down to the James Anderson bit)

And the Gold Star Award was for a charitable event.

My Youth Award was for Reddex Web Hosting and business skills, yes.

Here it is:

A successful businessman of the future also walked away with an accolade yesterday.

James Anderson was revealed as The Herald Young Business Award winner, supported by Sigma Marketing & Advertising, thanks to his ingenious web hosting site.

Aged just 13, the Beacon Park lad has devised company Reddex Design, an e-commerce, web hosting, and website and graphic design firm.

"I am amazed I won because there are so many good people in the awards," said James who added his business is going well and he is busily juggling school life with the website.

The company has been running for around a year and business is on the up thanks to the Devonport High School for Boys pupil's passion for web design and shrewd business sense.

It's a shame, yes you won an award but it was won with lies and deceit. You stole the hard work of others and claimed it as your own. Clearly you have a poor sense of ethics. You're 13 years old you shouldn't be trying to run your own business at your age, and technically isn't even legal.

Regardless you should be out enjoying your childhood while you still have one, not trying to run a business. There will be plenty of time later on in your life for all that. You only have a short time to be a kid trust me, you should enjoy it while you can. From what I've read in this thread you still have a lot to learn about how the business world works, and in life in general. Don't give up on your dreams but you should think about what I've said here because I'm trying to help you out.

Seriously... after reading some of the comments in this entire thread, and putting to one side the rights and wrongs of certain people, I can only wonder just how old some of you commentors are not just this kid.

This young man has made silly stupid mistakes, much like everyone of us will have done over the years, and guess what?? He's gonna make loads more over the years.

In any case he has conducted himself well being polite and friendly when replying to people and replied far more than most 13 yr olds I know would when they have been caught with their pants down!

To sum up this thread, I think a lot of people just simply need to "grow up" and act your age.

Hope this gets closed soon, as right now its a waste of internet space.

It's a shame, yes you won an award but it was won with lies and deceit. You stole the hard work of others and claimed it as your own. Clearly you have a poor sense of ethics. You're 13 years old you shouldn't be trying to run your own business at your age, and technically isn't even legal.

Regardless you should be out enjoying your childhood while you still have one, not trying to run a business. There will be plenty of time later on in your life for all that. You only have a short time to be a kid trust me, you should enjoy it while you can. From what I've read in this thread you still have a lot to learn about how the business world works, and in life in general. Don't give up on your dreams but you should think about what I've said here because I'm trying to help you out.

I have read what you are saying and agree with most of it. Just a point to be made that my business is fully legal, now with the copyright behind me.

I just want to get on with my business and expand.

Sorry to anyone who is annoyed at me for the copyright issue.

Thanks,

James

Seriously... after reading some of the comments in this entire thread, and putting to one side the rights and wrongs of certain people, I can only wonder just how old some of you commentors are not just this kid.

This young man has made silly stupid mistakes, much like everyone of us will have done over the years, and guess what?? He's gonna make loads more over the years.

In any case he has conducted himself well being polite and friendly when replying to people and replied far more than most 13 yr olds I know would when they have been caught with their pants down!

To sum up this thread, I think a lot of people just simply need to "grow up" and act your age.

Hope this gets closed soon, as right now its a waste of internet space.

I do agree some of the comments that have been made are very unnecessary. As one of the victims of this issue I personally do not have a problem with him. He did make things right and corrected himself promptly.

I think some of the threads in this topic make some valid points and are worth discussion. Some of these posts actually include great advice for Reddex.

Firstly you are a kid, enjoy yourself a little. There will be plenty of opportunities to make money in the future. Do not feel obligated to do work unless you really really really want to. This is a lesson I learnt a little later in my life and I personally wish I went out with my friends on some of those nights I didn't.

Matt has made some very valid points about the legalities of a 13year old running a business.

Always think of the repercussion of your actions. This applies to everyone! To often do we get a head of ourselves and need to think everything through before we act.

Though this is not really noticeable in this thread, I just had to include this:

"You learn just as much from your failures as you do your successes." - Robert Herjavec

Another thing, you claim to be a Managing Director, yet your company is not registered nor could it be as you are 13 and the minimum age requirement is 16.

You also realise that at your age, you cannot agree to contract with your customers to gain service but also, you should not be taking payments via PayPal, as you are not old enough as per their terms.

Yes under UK law a person under the age of 18 cannot partake in any contract, if they do then the contract is not legally binding.

I know, that's why all payment and legal contracts are under my parent's names as they signed up for all the accounts.

Many Thanks,

James

but others are contacting you to carry our contractual work for them( even if you are infringing copyright) once you accept the work it is a contract which you at 13 cannot legally enter into

Maybe designing sites for people then accepting payment via cash would be illegal, I don't know? I will check that out and then ask for them to pay via credit/debit card or PayPal as then it would be legal. Most of the people are friendly and ones i know so they don't really mind anyway. They just see it as my hobby.

I will sort that one out with my head of business studies on Monday.

Thanks,

James

I agree Alistair and that is why I have done everything I can to make my business legal, and the hosting side is. I do believe the design side is fully legal too. I will check it though. I mean, people accept money for walking dogs etc and wouldn't that be illegal?

Thanks,

James

I see what you are saying but I only design sites for local people. I don't really design sites otherwise. Mainly hosting which the contract is all secured by my parents.

It is legal, I promise you. I've looked into it :-)

if you design a site for your mother and you get paid for it (cash, cheque, paypal etc.) it is a paid contract to carry out work whcih if you are under 18 you cant do legally.

Also for a schoolchild to do any paid work of anyking then their is a special form available from jobcentres (UK) or local education department that must be completed and the child can only work certain days and hours in a week.

Do you have a website address I can apply for this? I have searched but cannot find any matches... :D

Thanks,

James

you will need to contact either your local jobcentreplus office or local authority education department, the carreer officer at your school may even have some as this form needs to be approved by your school