• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

It does say:

If you're under 13, you cannot legally be employed, although you can take part in paid sport or entertainment with permission from your local authority.

This means 'if you cannot legally be employed' but I work by myself. I am not employed by anyone. This should surely make a difference?

The times limited there are a bit limited. I really enjoy web design and hosting. It's my 24/7 hobby, apart from school!

Thanks,

James

Hi,

It does say:

This means 'if you cannot legally be employed' but I work by myself. I am not employed by anyone. This should surely make a difference?

The times limited there are a bit limited. I really enjoy web design and hosting. It's my 24/7 hobby, apart from school!

Thanks,

James

if i were you i would contact you local authority as it states to clarify your situation

times are limited as the work has not to effect the childs education

Edited by easyhosting

No, employed means working, not only that you're working for someone else.

How can it be 24/7 if you're part of the time in school, as you mention? All the time you're sleeping, in school, at school events and so on means that's time *not* spent on the business. Calling it your "hobby" speaks volumes about how you perceive something that should be taken quite seriously. Some customers rely on their hosting provider for their livelihood. Ask them how they feel about it being a hobby you do in your spare "24/7" time. ;)

Hi Bear,

It's an exaggeration! I didn't mean it literally. Also, it's not just a hobby, it's a whole business developed by me. I take it very seriously and I have worked ever so hard on it. Now can you please close this thread? :-)

EDIT: Why are you called 'bear'? It's a spectacular name! :)

James