Re-Style WHMCS Copyright

JohnnyD

I have an owned license, i know of no option that is available to me in my current budget, can staff please close this?

Sorry if we made you feel bad, mate. What we should have said in the first place is that there is no way to style the branding.

Rick

This is definitely possible. I have an Owned - unbranded license but my Localhost Development license isn't unbranded. When I developed my new theme, I used HTML and CSS to remove the WHMCS Copyright line because it was interfering with my design. Since I was developing my template for my unbranded license, I didn't see any problems with this.

I'm not going to be responsible for showing anyone how to get around the copyright since that wasn't my intention, but the same method can be used to remove the copyright and replace it with one that better fits your style.

The proper thing to do is upgrade your owned/branded license to an owned/unbranded license. We paid full boat for WHMCS Unbranded and would feel cheated if people were circumventing the license.

Offhand, I'm going to guess that the WHMCS team would feel cheated, too. ;)

Cheers,

Rick

@JohnnyD He just said:

I'm not going to be responsible for showing anyone how to get around the copyright since that wasn't my intention, but the same method can be used to remove the copyright and replace it with one that better fits your style.

I too brought an owned license, and then after a year, I removed the branding (By purchasing branding removal)... If you're a startup, then buy it straight out, and get it over with... :)

would you be willing to help me do so?

Absolutely not. I was just simply stating it is possible. You should work with the WHMCS staff to upgrade your owned license to unbranded. I'm sure they would be willing to help.

The proper thing to do is upgrade your owned/branded license to an owned/unbranded license. We paid full boat for WHMCS Unbranded and would feel cheated if people were circumventing the license.

Offhand, I'm going to guess that the WHMCS team would feel cheated, too. ;)

Cheers,

Rick

I too paid for an unbranded owned license and agree with you 100%.

I agree with you all 100% the only problem is I was having a hard time getting my partner to agree to spend more for it, we will soon be buying the unbranded option, thanks for advising me.

Understood. The cost difference can put some people off because at first glance it appears that you are getting less for your money. The difference (as you already know, but I state this for newbies reading along) is that your billing area will no longer be advertising WHMCS so it will be yours to customize.

Cheers,

Rick