New Ajax Order Form

ExsysHost

• WHMCS CEO
Your point is so moot as they did give a time line. I never asked once when it would be ready but I expect when they say when it will be ready we will be able to download the new version.

We have never given any dates for when V4.3 or the ajax order form which is included in it would be released. We said the beta would be in July, with the stable following the next month, and that's exactly what has and is going to happen.

As others have suggested, we could rush out releases on tight deadlines but that would only result in more work for everyone updating and applying patches in following weeks as problems get discovered. Instead we've had a very successful beta period and so hopefully the chances of that are minimised making it a better update for everyone.

Matt

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although i dont want rushed software sometimes a idea of when things may happen would be good. For example currently im finishing off my new website, it is to launch on the 6th sept. We want to use the ajax order form but are unsure of its release so do we a. code a normal order form to our template or b. hold out until its launched in hope that its before that date.

Edit as Matt has posted: Thanks for the update.

We have never given any dates for when V4.3 or the ajax order form which is included in it would be released. We said the beta would be in July, with the stable following the next month, and that's exactly what has and is going to happen.

As others have suggested, we could rush out releases on tight deadlines but that would only result in more work for everyone updating and applying patches in following weeks as problems get discovered. Instead we've had a very successful beta period and so hopefully the chances of that are minimised making it a better update for everyone.

Matt

Thanks Matt for chiming in on this one, quality is definitely a plus which makes WHMCS so great. Is there any chance you guys could start a public bug tracker for the beta testing.... I am sure that it would ease peoples anxieties if they could see a list of known issues and their progress / resolution.

It would probably also silence the whiners as they could get a real idea of why they don't want to install the new version quite yet :)

Matt

Your news post implies that after a few weeks the beta period would be over and v4.3 would be available.

we don't expect the beta period to last any more than a few weeks.

I am sorry if that is not what you implied.

Your news post implies that after a few weeks the beta period would be over and v4.3 would be available.

we don't expect the beta period to last any more than a few weeks.

I am sorry if that is not what you implied.

Definition of expect:

to look forward to; regard as likely to happen; anticipate the occurrence or the coming of

Matt never implied anything more than an expectation. As this software is the cornerstone of most of our income, I'd much rather they take they time to make sure everything works correctly.

It does in mine - You have to remember that your install of WHMCS is licensed and the licensing addon only calls back to the WHMCS server every few days - the rest of the time it runs on a local jey. When your install next calls home to verify itself then it will update. Until then it won't.

I like the Ajax form, but it's a little weird - i.e free subdomains have to be entered, e.g clientdomain.mydomain.tld and the tld's supported isn't shown.

For those of us that don't know Ajax, might be a little hard switching over to it. It's more smooth than the cart though.