WHMCS Live Help Review

Si

We cancelled our Live Help addon within a few hours of purchasing it. The windows client has to be a joke and they are hiding the real one. I was disgusted at how it was "designed" (I believe one of their younger children deign the UI). The chat notifications are horrible looking (at least on Windows 7). The department features are horrible, setup / configuration is piss.

LiveZilla unfortunately is still one of the best, and cosmetically looks professional, not like a 5 year old brought home some art work from pre-K and they said "Hey lets build a chat app around this".

LiveZilla's feature base blows away most paid products and maintains a look that is simple and professional, while this StarDevelop product is really feature-less, looks like vomit, notifications are obtrusive, branding is a bit much. So we dropped it, requested a refund and ran back to LiveZilla.

Edited by Dreamz

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying it IS better. Better is a matter of opinion. IMO it is better than StarDevelop's product. It is free (minus the addons), it provides a broader feature base, the UI is very well designed and professional looking, more settings, better department management, better permission management, easier integration (less code).

Though it does lack a web based client, and anything other than Windows you are screwed for a chat client ATM.

Well if LiveZilla is that much better I should look at it, did you integrate it with WHMCS at all?

There isn't really any integration, other than put some javascript in your header, or where ever you want it..

Far superior in my opinion. WE also use the custom pages addon for it, so our admin area comes up directly in the live chat window.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
does not work on windows 8

We have sent you an email that includes a workaround if you are using the Windows 8 consumer preview. We are aware of the issue with the Setup.exe and we plan to have this resolved closer to the Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows 8 launch.

As stated in the other thread you repeated yourself to gain post counts

Really this needed? Who gives a crap about post count? These forums are so bloody hostile. Can no one have a simple debate, conversation, disagreement without instigating?

• 2 months later...

For those who still wonder about that i got answer on this today from them

We are working on a Mac OS X application for Mac desktops and laptops. Unfortunately I do not have any details on a release date or pricing.

At the moment, we do not have an native operator application for Mac OS X or Linux PCs. You will need to have your operators use the web-based login at /livehelp/admin/index.php It is best if your operators use Windows PCs. At the moment we are completely re-designing our current web-based administration to a new HTML 5 administration and this will also work fine on Mac OS X.

Regards,

Luke Ronalds

Customer Service

Stardevelop Pty Ltd

You'd need to contact StarDevelop directly to see if they have any plans to make a Mac version of the operator console.

This live chat is fully integrated with WHMCS, as to why we didn't develop it ourselves please refer to Matt's original announcement: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=30382

1.) It has drawbacks like it is encrypted you cannot extended it – say to custom integrate with other services or CRM products (not using Zen desk). 2) Further this package directly sitting inside the module folder of WHMCS so you cannot use it for multi-domain (with in same company)*** You will have the URL on chat browser. which want to have it unique or not from the billing folder. 3) Also do not have provision here with WHMCS or subscription to remove the copy-right link on owned license.

All those issues forcing us to ask for refund – I want WHMCS support act on my ticket #347045, cancel and refund the payment. I am still waiting for your update since 12 Aug 2012. Request you improve your support services response time. (I would rather go for the WHMCS leased license with copyright removal or might check with StarDevelop for standalone owned license – with them I get the software code for me to customize)

If you’re going to place LiveChat under WHMCS modules folder then there is of NO USE of selling a Multi-domain Package!

These are my request for Action and suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I've tried many other live help applications and must say that the whmcs live help application is one of the best all round live chat solutions that I've found. You get a web based back end, windows, android, iphone clients all for a great price.

1. The WHMCS integration is fantastic. Being able to see what clients are browsing your website and being able to "one click" lookup invoices, tickets, client info is a huge time saver. The only other integration I'd like to see is being able to pull whmcs KB, pre-responses directly from within the live help app.

2. Also its great to see that they are re-vamping the web based interface. They already have windows, iphone, and android apps (and are working to actively improve them with better battery life, push support).

3. Clear Pricing - They have always been up front about pricing making it affordable with one time purchase and monthly options. They never released it for free then jacked up the price with per agent pricing like livezilla recently did.

4. Good Support - I've emailed stardevelop with bug reports and they have sent me back patches fixing the issue the very next day.

5. Their new embedded chat window looks slick and uses jQuery making it easy to integrate.

Not sure what else anyone could ask for.

As soon as a desktop app for mac is provided i will give it a try, until that i think providesupport.com is easier to use for us apple fans as they already have it.

When i emailed with stardevelop i while ago i was told they are developing a mac app but they could not tell me when its ready for release.

I'd like to see the ability for us to set IP's that are not tracked for example our staff IP's if for any reason we login as a customer we then show up as that customer visiting our site. I have put this to stardevelop directly but thought I'd add this here too.

+1 for this. Being able to exclude your own company IP from tracking would be great.

I'd like to see the ability for us to set IP's that are not tracked for example our staff IP's if for any reason we login as a customer we then show up as that customer visiting our site. I have put this to stardevelop directly but thought I'd add this here too.

Just looked at the code. It looks like its very easy to exclude IP addresses.

eg. in livehelp/includes/tracker.php

After line 47

ignore_user_abort(true);

Add:

$exclude_ips = array('yourfirstIP', 'yoursecondIP');
if (in_array($ipaddress, $exclude_ips))
{
exit();
}

If you want to remove your company IP addresses from the database records you can run this command on the whmcs DB:

delete from modlivehelp_requests where ipaddress='youripaddress';

Hope this helps someone.

• 3 weeks later...