Ticket message Spamming?

nexty

Hi folks,

From 1 month now I'm always receiving some "spam" message trought my ticket system

I'm wondering if someone have a solution for this kind of problem (like captcha or something similar?)

my version of whmcs is: 4.1.2

Thanks

If it's email spam, use filtering before it hits the desk. We use Mailscanner, and it does a terrific job. In addition, we use non-standard addresses for support and billing instead of "sales@" and "support@".

Since you're asking about Captcha, I'll assume it's bots submitting the form instead of email?

How about adding a required field to the form and use that as a sort of 'poor mans Turing test'? Have it ask a question (description field) and validate the answer using regex.

This is all available now under setup -> support departments -> <choose department> -> custom fields.

• 2 months later...

In my old setup (3.1.2 I believe), I had support settings in place to prevent tickets from being opened via email, forcing users to be registered and logged in to open a ticket. Is there no such option in 4.2.1? I haven't found it if there is. I'd even be happier if you could just set it to only allow tickets from registered users _including_ those submitted by email. Sure you might still get some fake emails from registered email addys, but not much. At any rate, I just upgraded today, and I'm now getting plenty of spam tickets opened via random emails to support addresses, and it'd be great if I can shut those down again.

thanks!

• 3 months later...
I am using 4.3.1 and have this, look at the attached image

Great except that does say anything about captcha, only that only registered clients can open tickets. I was commenting about turning on captcha as described in the docs at http://wiki.whmcs.com/Other_Tab. There it clearly states:

Captcha Form Protection

Requires GD2 on your server. Also known as image verification; shows an image containing 5 characters that your clients will be required to enter to register or submit a support ticket when enabled. Helps prevents automated submissions and spam.

And that is what John also stated in his post that I initially replied to. If you have that in the General Settings >> Other tab, let me know.

It's not in General Settings >> Other

It's in General Settings >> Security

I do not mean to sound ungrateful but I already knew where it was located.

All I was trying to do was to point out to John that his statement about it being in General Settings >> Other was either incorrect or no longer correct in v 4.3.1 and that the documentation was also incorrect.

Now it has been corrected and all is well. Thanks anyway HostOcra.