Products for Specific Client Groups

virgil

Question

Hi,

I have been looking at WHMCS for a little while now and it seems to be a very good fit for my needs.

I sell hosted services directly and indirectly and wondered if it's possible to set up products/services that can only be viewed by one client group?

This would be very useful for setting up Resellers, i.e. Reseller signs up as a regular client, we then add them to a Reseller group. They then see products/services specifically for them.

This would also enable products to be defined with custom fields that are only relevant to that group and not for public consumption.

14 answers to this question

Hi,

That feature doesn't currently exist.

Is that something you would be willing to develop for a fee?

To expand upon my initial request, I would envisage that the key to the functionality would lie in the ability to tie client groups to product groups.

Product groups would only be visible if associated with a client group and only to the clients in that group.

In operation, new clients would default to a group called 'public' for example. The group public would then be configurable to include certain product groups using multi-choice combo lists or tick boxes.

An additional (future) feature could be to offer grouping to areas such as the knowledgebase to segment information by client group. This would enable documentation such as reseller procedures to be viewable only by that community.

Me too. The client group is too much trouble in it's current manual state. In MOST cases the product defferentiate the clients from priority to low level client (the goal of the client groups) so by tie it together a new client with the $100 product are assigned a higher client group level than a client with a $1 product

+1

It will be great if client groups can include/exclude defined products. Now when we set 15% discount, client can order domains with 15% discount, and we want to avoid this because our prices for domains are just 5% over the registrar price, so we are in loss 10%.